autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie looking for some advice

Hey guys, I drive a 2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 and am looking for advice on pads and polish. Once I can afford it, I have decided to go with one of the flex polishers, because of the great job the suposedly do and because of the enjoyment I have in feeling my hands/fingers . I know (from here) that the paint is very hard on my car. I have used Maguires products lately and have learned here that there are better products. The only problem is that I recently got rear ended and my car was completely repaired/clear coated ($5000 bill I didnt have to pay). I am afraid that the swirls on the original clear coat were coated over and now I wont be able to get them out. Can I still get them out?

Also, what do you reccomend for seriously BAD swirls and scratches. My parents benz really needs a detail job and I want to do it for them as a surprise. It is PURE swirls and scratches it really hides the beauty of the navy blue paint . I would say its partially me and my brothers fault from hockey bags ( the scratch part)

Chris
    Last edited by kovalchuk71; 03-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie looking for some advice

firstly welcome. the flex and menzerna nano polishes are your best friend for your mercedes hard paint. however i would imagine that the clear was sanded before being resprayed and even if it was not wouldn't a new layer of clear just fill in the scratches. i was told by a friend who paints vehicles that if i wanted to get rid of my factory orange peel he would respray clear than sand the orange peel away because the clear fills in, and respraying the clear gives him a more comfortable margin of play. i am no expert on this however and hopefully someone else can chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie looking for some advice

Thanks for the reply! What do you reccomend for pads? Especially for my parents Benz with deep swirl marks?