autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HF going after the 3401

imjoshv has a video showing the Harbor Freight Hercules "Forced Rotation" machine for $119!

The backing plates even swap between the two. He claims they are close competitors in testing.

I've had my 3401 for well over 10 years now so I'm not a buyer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HF going after the 3401

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    imjoshv has a video showing the Harbor Freight Hercules "Forced Rotation" machine for $119!

The backing plates even swap between the two. He claims they are close competitors in testing.

I've had my 3401 for well over 10 years now so I'm not a buyer.
    And who is "imjoshv"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    And who is "imjoshv"?
    A detailer with a sizeable Youtube following. IMO he is one of the better ones as he is focused more on the content and less on the hype/sales that so many others are all about.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the same video the other night, looks interesting. The flex is a little more powerful than the harbor freight he said.

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Visitor mentioned this earlier in the month when I was looking at the Supa Beast

Buying a Flex XCE 10-8 125 or is there a better alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    And who is "imjoshv"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago View Post
    A detailer with a sizeable Youtube following. IMO he is one of the better ones as he is focused more on the content and less on the hype/sales that so many others are all about.
    I stumbled onto his videos when I was researching pressure washer options and found him way more tolerable than a lot of youtubers.

7. Likes Eldorado2k, Jayfro, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HF going after the 3401

Harbor Freight has come a long way. Remember the days when some people were looked down on while others seemed almost embarrassed to admit using a tool they brought from there? It’s like they had to be quick to give some BS excuse to justify themselves… Kinda similar to how foolish people on youtube look when they feel obligated to say “Rooh-phez”. If I were to ever make youtube videos you’d never hear me pronounce it that way… You’re gettin a hard Roopes and if you don’t like it, you can stick it.HF going after the 3401lol.

But yea, Harbor Freights come a long way. I’ve personally vouched for them since the days of the OG HFDA polisher. I’ve had to use it several times in the past couple of months due to misplacing my 5” Boss backing plate and that thing still runs like a champ.

9. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Harbor Freight has come a long way. Remember the days when some people were looked down on while others seemed almost embarrassed to admit using a tool they brought from there? It’s like they had to be quick to give some BS excuse to justify themselves… Kinda similar to how foolish people on youtube look when they feel obligated to say “Rooh-phez”. If I were to ever make youtube videos you’d never hear me pronounce it that way… You’re gettin a hard Roopes and if you don’t like it, you can stick it.HF going after the 3401lol.

But yea, Harbor Freights come a long way. I’ve personally vouched for them since the days of the OG HFDA polisher. I’ve had to use it several times in the past couple of months due to misplacing my 5” Boss backing plate and that thing still runs like a champ.
    Markus Kleis, formerly of Meguiar's, took on a position at HF a few years back. Pretty sure he has had something to do with leveling up the quality & performance of the detailing machines they carry now.

11. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Markus Kleis, formerly of Meguiar's, took on a position at HF a few years back. Pretty sure he has had something to do with leveling up the quality & performance of the detailing machines they carry now.
    There you go.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HF going after the 3401

[QUOTE=Eldorado2k;1773569]Harbor Freight has come a long way. [QUOTE]

For sure.

Some of you might remember that I was a marine mechanic for over 20 years until I hurt back in early 2017.

At that time, I had probably 80-90k worth of Snap-On, MAC, and MatCo tools. So I know exactly what good tools are.

After my injury I sold all of my tools to keep my household afloat without dipping into our savings. (That hurt. Lol)

Fast-forward 6 years, and I have been slowly rebuilding my tool collection with stuff from HF, TEKTON, GearWrench, and a few Amazon offerings.

The ICON line at HF has really impressed me, as have some Pittsburgh hand tools. And their US General tool box line is WAY better than any big box store models IMO.

I have also bought a couple of Bauer power tools. (1/2" hammer drill and jigsaw). For homeowner use, they can't be beat for the price.

You're right, Ric. HF has come a VERY long way.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Thanks Eldorado2k, vaced thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast