autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of getting the XCE 125-8

I'm thinking of switching from my beloved 3401 to the XCE 10-8 (cordless) model. I am developing a hate-hate relationship with my cord. I only own cordless drills which I hardly ever use. My concern for this unit is the battery run time vs charge time. I'm thinking that if I have a car with heavy correction, that if I only get 30 minutes out of a battery (the fastest Mike Phillips wore one out was in 30 minutes). I might go longer due to using a slower speed most of the time, but I'm still using pressure which would probably still put a drain on the battery. I wonder if I should get a 3rd battery? The other concern is the slightly decreased power levels, but I won't know what that feels like until it's in my hand.

What do you guys think who own one? Is it an issue with having the 2nd battery charged in time? Do you recommend a 3rd? (I'd rather not spend the $ unless I have to). Do you find it's powerful enough for your heaviest work?

I will still be keeping my 3401's so I will always have a standby for when I need to do a cord dance, LOL. I am getting sick and bloody tired of doing the cord dance, let me tell you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking of getting the XCE 125-8

Beloved 3401? Yeah, I feel you.
    I love mine so much, I have two. One is custom.

Since getting the CBEAST, I haven't used the 3401s. Cordless is sweet, especially me that I'm mobile. I don't carry my extension cord these days.

Most work I do is AIO, but the times I needed two steps, having the 2 batteries sufficed. I dont work straight through at 30 min intervals. With little clean here and there, water break, swapping pads, etc, the 2nd battery is ready.

Power? Use a more aggressive pad and compound combo (if needed), and you will be alright.

I love it, and that's coming from two 3401s...

3. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Since getting the CBEAST, I haven't used the 3401s. Cordless is sweet, especially me that I'm mobile. I don't carry my extension cord these days.

Most work I do is AIO, but the times I needed two steps, having the 2 batteries sufficed. I dont work straight through at 30 min intervals. With little clean here and there, water break, swapping pads, etc, the 2nd battery is ready.

Power? Use a more aggressive pad and compound combo (if needed), and you will be alright.

Thanks. How long do you find with you unit:
    1) How long to kill your battery?
    2) How long to re-charge your battery?
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

1. Hard to say. Partly because I do other things aside from polishing. So it is not straight time using the machine. Also, I do switch out when I see the last light being lit (battery life indicator lights).

2. Mike has it right in my experience. 30 to 40 min. Seems like sometimes quicker than 30, though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Thanks for letting me borrow it. It is a great polisher. The cordless ability and the power is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks. How long do you find with you unit:
    1) How long to kill your battery?
    2) How long to re-charge your battery?
    Thanks!

I can't remember how long it was to kill the battery but it felt like it lasted longer than what Mike P posted with a 45 min run time under no load. Have an extra battery and that won't even matter. The charger charges pretty fast. It will be charged and ready by the time you need to swap it out again.

8. Thanks richy thanked for this post
    Likes JustJesus, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You won't find two more respected members with knowledge of this machine than JJ and Guz, Richy.

If I were you, and these two men responded with favorable reviews, I'd "pull the trigger" on the C-BEAST.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks The Guz, richy thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You won't find two more respected members with knowledge of this machine than JJ and Guz, Richy.

If I were you, and these two men responded with favorable reviews, I'd "pull the trigger" on the C-BEAST.
    Yes, I am ready for it and to be free of the cord. Now I have to consider the border situation, etc. Hopefully soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I'm thinking of switching from my beloved 3401 to the XCE 10-8 (cordless) model. I am developing a hate-hate relationship with my cord. I only own cordless drills which I hardly ever use. My concern for this unit is the battery run time vs charge time. I'm thinking that if I have a car with heavy correction, that if I only get 30 minutes out of a battery (the fastest Mike Phillips wore one out was in 30 minutes). I might go longer due to using a slower speed most of the time, but I'm still using pressure which would probably still put a drain on the battery. I wonder if I should get a 3rd battery? The other concern is the slightly decreased power levels, but I won't know what that feels like until it's in my hand.

What do you guys think who own one? Is it an issue with having the 2nd battery charged in time? Do you recommend a 3rd? (I'd rather not spend the $ unless I have to). Do you find it's powerful enough for your heaviest work?

I will still be keeping my 3401's so I will always have a standby for when I need to do a cord dance, LOL. I am getting sick and bloody tired of doing the cord dance, let me tell you!!
    Are you mobile or in a shop? I am at home and simply run 3 cord reels from the ceiling. Left, Right, Center and I typically use 2-3 polishers. I have some 3401's and the newer XCE but corded. It is already a little slower than the 3401 and thus moving to a slower yet cordless wasn't something I was willing to do. YMMV. I get what you're saying on the cord dance but for me it's a price for speed. Also, like you, I don't want to have to be swapping batteries all the time.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Thanks richy thanked for this post