autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FLEX XCE 8-125

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX XCE 8-125

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have that one too and burnt a small area on my son’s headlight when I let it go a little too fast, even on 1. I’m probably going to sell it as it isn’t going near the paint again. Even scrubbing tires it was too fast and hard to control.
    If it's the m12 machine I'm thinking of, they have an adapter to convert to DA.

SBRAND TECH 3 inch Dual Action (DA) Head for Milwaukee M12 Variable speed polisher sander 2438-20 - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes jshillin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

SBRAND TECH 3 inch Dual Action (DA) Head for Milwaukee M12 Variable speed polisher sander 2438-20 - YouTube
    My main issue is that it is too fast and not safe for paint in my opinion. Even as a tire cleaner, it is hard to regulate the trigger-pull consistently so that it doesn’t go too fast and “burn” a section of the tire or fling product everywhere. And by burn a section of the tire, it pretty much can go fast enough to evaporate all cleaning fluid and then leave a mark on the tire that took a few extra passes with product and normal speed to remove. And that is on its low speed setting as it has a Lo-Hi switch. Tool is useless to me since it has no speed setting other than your finger with a variable speed trigger. And that’s not to say that I can’t feather the trigger well but to me, if a moment of lapse happened, it could cause damage. And my first rule is do no damage. I’m an M12 fan but to me it seems as if Milwaukee went cheap. They could have easily put a speed control dial and trigger-lock on the tool and then it would have been perfect. Oh well, it will be going on eBay soon. It was only used a couple times and is now back in the box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks that looks interesting, but looks like the guy in the video is doing way more with it than I would. I only use it for tight spaces that need a small pad, quick little fixes or headlights. I started following the links and tried to buy it just to see how it does, but he doesn't have any of them for the Milwaukee listed anywhere.

5. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I'm going to guess I have more written info on FLEX tools than anyone breathing - just a guess. Most of it backed up with lots of pictures, links and videos.

Copy and paste the below into Skynet

FLEX Beasts cbeast supa mike phillips cordless site:Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum

Go from there...

7. Thanks jshillin thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

More...

This could use updating but it's still a pretty good list....

All my CORDLESS FLEX write-ups in one place - Mike Phillips

9. Thanks jshillin thanked for this post

11. Thanks jshillin thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help Mike. I read through your reviews and that made me order the CBEAST. Too bad I received an email this morning saying it's on backorder with NO ETA. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Thanks again

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@MikePhillips
    Any idea what would be the cause of an issue with my 8-125? It goes off after 5 seconds, every time, no matter battery charge, or speed used. Hoping it's a simple fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slick66 View Post
    @MikePhillips
    Any idea what would be the cause of an issue with my 8-125? It goes off after 5 seconds, every time, no matter battery charge, or speed used. Hoping it's a simple fix.
    I hate to be the first one to post a problem because the people that love the product come out of the woodwork. I have the same issue with two different products, the battery forced rotation and the battery DA. The forced rotation is the absolute worst, so bad I ended up putting it away yesterday and using something else. And I had my son take a video to document the issue. Here's what I've found.

The battery used or the battery charge doesn't matter AT ALL. I have two tools and four batteries. I have both chargers mounted in my trailer, so batteries get immediately charged when they're dead. The problem is with the tool(s) themselves.

1. Forced rotation started with this problem from when it was new and it's actually getting worse. You start polishing and hit the trigger lock. After the unit warms up a little, usually just a few minutes of polishing, it will just stop. There is absolutely no way to get it working again until you remove and reseat the battery. When it first started happening, that would usually work every time. Yesterday and the day before I had two big jobs. I was probably averaging having to remove and reseat the battery 5-8 times before it would work again. The most maddening part? As if that's not enough. It will finally work when you pull the trigger and then you let the trigger go and move the polisher to start working on the vehicle and it's not working again. I swear yesterday I almost threw it into the street. Again, I have video.

2. The DA is similar except that it doesn't typically stop working while it's spinning. You let off the trigger, apply some more product and squeeze the trigger again and NOTHING. Again, remove and reseat the battery 1 or 2 times does the trick, but I'm sure that this tool will get to the same point as the forced rotation because that one got progressively worse.

I purchased these tools around New Years, received them about a week later, so they have very little use on them. For the $1000 I paid, I'm really pissed off about the usage I'm able to get out of them. I literally decided it was more trouble than it was worth yesterday after polishing the trunk lid of a car and put it away. I really want to like the product and I can see how it's so convenient when it works properly but as is right now I can't use them or at least the forced.

I'm not a hobbyist user my tools get used to all day every day but there's no way I should be having issues with a brand new tool less than three months after purchase. Hell, I've got a cheapo maxshine 21 that I use for machine claying and waxing and as a backup that has been used for thousands of hours, been dropped several hundred times and still works like the day I bought it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Slick66 View Post

@MikePhillips
    Any idea what would be the cause of an issue with my 8-125?

It goes off after 5 seconds, every time, no matter battery charge, or speed used. Hoping it's a simple fix.

You know what's really great about FLEX tools and FLEX the company?

Their customer support.

I'm sending the link to your post, and the post below to FLEX Corporate. Hang tight, and you'll get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post

I hate to be the first one to post a problem because the people that love the product come out of the woodwork. I have the same issue with two different products, the battery forced rotation and the battery DA. The forced rotation is the absolute worst, so bad I ended up putting it away yesterday and using something else. And I had my son take a video to document the issue. Here's what I've found.

The battery used or the battery charge doesn't matter AT ALL. I have two tools and four batteries. I have both chargers mounted in my trailer, so batteries get immediately charged when they're dead. The problem is with the tool(s) themselves.

1. Forced rotation started with this problem from when it was new and it's actually getting worse. You start polishing and hit the trigger lock. After the unit warms up a little, usually just a few minutes of polishing, it will just stop. There is absolutely no way to get it working again until you remove and reseat the battery. When it first started happening, that would usually work every time. Yesterday and the day before I had two big jobs. I was probably averaging having to remove and reseat the battery 5-8 times before it would work again. The most maddening part? As if that's not enough. It will finally work when you pull the trigger and then you let the trigger go and move the polisher to start working on the vehicle and it's not working again. I swear yesterday I almost threw it into the street. Again, I have video.

2. The DA is similar except that it doesn't typically stop working while it's spinning. You let off the trigger, apply some more product and squeeze the trigger again and NOTHING. Again, remove and reseat the battery 1 or 2 times does the trick, but I'm sure that this tool will get to the same point as the forced rotation because that one got progressively worse.

I purchased these tools around New Years, received them about a week later, so they have very little use on them. For the $1000 I paid, I'm really pissed off about the usage I'm able to get out of them. I literally decided it was more trouble than it was worth yesterday after polishing the trunk lid of a car and put it away. I really want to like the product and I can see how it's so convenient when it works properly but as is right now I can't use them or at least the forced.

I'm not a hobbyist user my tools get used to all day every day but there's no way I should be having issues with a brand new tool less than three months after purchase. Hell, I've got a cheapo maxshine 21 that I use for machine claying and waxing and as a backup that has been used for thousands of hours, been dropped several hundred times and still works like the day I bought it.

I'm fairly active in the car detailing world. I have never seen anyone share an experience like you have just shared above.

I'm also pretty sure I have more CBEASTS and cordless Finishers in the Autogeek garage than anyone. And we've had them since they were introduced. To be fair - this is not a full time detail shop so they don't see the kind of use a full time detailer would give any tool.

But when I have my big 3-day car detailing classes and my big 2-day boat detailing classes - we use the hell out of these tools. And I use them when I detail professionally.

So don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're not experiencing problems, it's just to my knowledge and experience, what you shared above is the exception to the rule, not the norm.

Rest assured, I've sent the link to this thread and your post and Slick66's post to the FLEX Corporate and to Chris Metcalf, the Rep for North America. And I'm confident they will appreciate your feedback and also have a remedy for the problems.

Stay tuned...

16. Likes BigGar liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast