autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Next choice: question about polishers.

    Hello first time here, want to say hello.
    I detail about 2 vehicles per week to add context.

    My equipment usually consist of a go to rupes 15 mk3 and a rotary for heavier defect removal.

    I was stuck between the Flex XFE cordless vs the Dewalt, but ended with Flex due to faster charge time, weight, and vibration.

    After using it now, my biggest concern is the drop in rpms after the battery is about half depleted. Now I understand this is a finisher, so cutting is not the purpose of this. So I want to pair with another cordless.

    I am current looking at the XCE cordless, dewalt cordless da, or just skip all together and go to the dewalt or flex cordless rotaries. I find that the flex does xfe does have cutting capability with the right pad and compound, but the run time on max rpm is why I want to get another.

    I heard that the dewalt da does have more cutting capability.

    What would you guys recommend next, will xce be a noticeable difference or dewalt da, or just go straight to the rotary?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    With the tools you already own - I would strongly recommend getting the corded Supa BEAST.

    Get the 6" backing plate and swap it out like I show here,

    Supa BEAST backing plate swap


    Gear-driven orbital and corded power enables you to buff out a car as fast as humanly possible while consistently putting out pro quality results.

    I like the new RUPES foam pads in yellow and white for this set-up.


  3. #3
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    With the tools you already own - I would strongly recommend getting the corded Supa BEAST.

    Get the 6" backing plate and swap it out like I show here,

    Supa BEAST backing plate swap


    Gear-driven orbital and corded power enables you to buff out a car as fast as humanly possible while consistently putting out pro quality results.

    I like the new RUPES foam pads in yellow and white for this set-up.

    Thanks Mike for the reply. Would i be losing out a lot if I went with the cordless xce vs supa beast? I really like the cordless feature, and I picked it up, ill be rotating among 4 batteries

  4. #4
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Here's the deal, the CBEAST is good, but the corded version simply has maximum power.

    My style of detailing may be different than yours. I value maximum speed. But - I get it that some people don't mind giving up speed for convenience. If this is more your style then the CBEAST will be a good match.

    I haven't used mine in a while because I tend to grab the Supa BEAST most of the time and the primary reason is the power and also I much prefer the 6" backing plate so I can use larger pads. Larger pads means faster buffing due to larger footprint.

    I'm going to swap my CBEAST over to a 6" backing plate and use it this weekend and I'll update this thread next week with my thoughts.


    Hang tight...



  5. #5
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's the deal, the CBEAST is good, but the corded version simply has maximum power.

    My style of detailing may be different than yours. I value maximum speed. But - I get it that some people don't mind giving up speed for convenience. If this is more your style then the CBEAST will be a good match.

    I haven't used mine in a while because I tend to grab the Supa BEAST most of the time and the primary reason is the power and also I much prefer the 6" backing plate so I can use larger pads. Larger pads means faster buffing due to larger footprint.

    I'm going to swap my CBEAST over to a 6" backing plate and use it this weekend and I'll update this thread next week with my thoughts.


    Hang tight...


    Thanks Mike.
    What i would be interested in knowing are.
    One, if the cbeast cut better then the rupes 15, and approx how much its losing versus the coded. If it's still faster than rupes, and still around 90% give or take vs coded, then I'll go cbeast. I really like the freedom of spot polishing with these machines. Going over spots i missed, etc.

  6. #6
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

    I'm going to swap my CBEAST over to a 6" backing plate and use it this weekend and I'll update this thread next week with my thoughts.

    Done.

    I have a 6" backing plate on my personal CBEAST.



    Quote Originally Posted by Davidz58 View Post

    Thanks Mike.

    What i would be interested in knowing are.

    One, if the cbeast cut better then the rupes 15, and approx how much its losing versus the coded.

    If it's still faster than rupes, and still around 90% give or take vs coded, then I'll go cbeast.

    I really like the freedom of spot polishing with these machines. Going over spots i missed, etc.
    Going to buff out the QX30 right now using the CBEAST with a 6" backing plate and probably the RUPES 7" foam pads, will test the white pad first and see if it does what I want it to do, if not will test the yellow pad.

    I have 3 of the brand new FLEX 5.0 Amp batteries all charged up and ready to go. I'll keep track of how much juice I use for this size SUV.



  7. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
  8. #7
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Done.

    I have a 6" backing plate on my personal CBEAST.





    Going to buff out the QX30 right now using the CBEAST with a 6" backing plate and probably the RUPES 7" foam pads, will test the white pad first and see if it does what I want it to do, if not will test the yellow pad.

    I have 3 of the brand new FLEX 5.0 Amp batteries all charged up and ready to go. I'll keep track of how much juice I use for this size SUV.




    Can't wait to hear your feedback! Itching to pull the trigger.

  9. #8
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    It’s go time!

    See the 6” backing plate and 7” RUPES yellow polishing pad?

    Time is roughly 1:15pm.

    I’ve already clayed the paint and glass. Already polished all the glass including the sunroof.

    Now all I need to do is machine polish all the paint.









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Update

    Just finished first battery




    40 solid minutes PUSHING HARD.

    Did the,

    Roof
    Good
    Passenger side
    Rear of car

    I’m impressed.

    Going back to work.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes dgage liked this post
  12. #10
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

    Fresh pad and fresh battery










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. Thanks bill walsh thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buff and Shine Flat Foam Pad 6 Pack - YOUR CHOICE QUESTION?
    By Automoglow in forum Auto Detailing Tools and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2018, 08:25 PM
  2. Question regarding d/a polishers- be gentle!
    By snfapm1983 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 08:19 PM
  3. Pad Choice Question
    By Matt_F in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 06:12 AM
  4. Personal choice Question
    By Bill1234 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
  5. question about car polishers?
    By ballfan4141 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» October 2021

S M T W T F S
2627282930 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 123456