autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next choice: question about polishers.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    As a professional tool collector, that is definitely one option. Just wondering though if you should get the CBeast first and try it out to see if you even need the SupaBeast. Maybe instead of spending money on the Supa you could buy another battery and be able to go constantly with the cordless. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
    That hits my last question on point, the cbeast, how much less power is it versus the super beast? And would it still be sufficient or better than my rules 15 mk3?

Thank you again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davidz58 View Post
    That hits my last question on point, the cbeast, how much less power is it versus the super beast? And would it still be sufficient or better than my rules 15 mk3?

Thank you again.
    Copied from a "Mike" post

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Rupes Mark3 maxes out at 5200 RPM (Autogeek) not sure how that translates to OPM. Apparently Autogeek has a typo... others use 5200 OPM

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again.
    It would be different for each of us, definitely different between Mike Phillips and I since I’m a hobbyist. All I was saying is to potentially order the CBeast for yourself first. If it seems to keep you happy and efficient, then that may be all you need. But if you continue to think, what if I could get the SupaBeast and be even more efficient, then you’d want to get the SupaBeast too or first.

It’s like driving a fast car. You think whatever the fast car you’ve been in is fast, until you later ride in a faster car. In this case, I’m saying skip the faster car initially so you don’t know any better and your benchmark will be the pretty fast car.

But if you’re a professional and want to get the most work done the quickest, which would be like Mike, then the only answer is to get the SupaBeast.

Mike Phillips

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post

Copied from a "Mike" post here,

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Rupes Mark 3 maxes out at 5200 RPM (Autogeek) not sure how that translates to OPM. Apparently Autogeek has a typo... others use 5200 OPM

Thanks for the heads-up - I've notified our webmaster about the OPM and RPM to change.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I spurged and ended up picking up everything.
    Now to go along the XFE cordless, adds super beast, cbeast, and pxe80.

Will try these out soon.

6. Likes dgage, Craig Encinitas, psnt1ol liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I spurged and ended up picking up everything.
    Now to go along the XFE cordless, adds super beast, cbeast, and pxe80.

Will try these out soon.
    Thats one decision to make. Nice!

Now you can come back and give your opinion on the differences. Enjoy.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thats one decision to make. Nice!

Now you can come back and give your opinion on the differences. Enjoy.
    Did a quick play on my wife's X3, quick scratch removal.

I tried the cbeast. I used it on level 3 power.
    First impression, very different from XFE cordless, got lots of power (tons) even at half power.

In highlight, knowing how it feels now, I could of probably done without the super beast.

As this is my first time with forced rotation da, it definitely feels different from the free spinning da. Takes a bit to get used to, but sorta got the hang of it after about 10 mins use. Behaves similar to using rotary so just need to pay bit more attention while polishing. Overall I like it, but need some more time to learn it. Will get a chance to try once I get a bad paint to correct.

9. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the cbeast. I used it on level 3 power.
    First impression, very different from XFE cordless, got lots of power (tons) even at half power.

In highlight, knowing how it feels now, I could of probably done without the super beast.

As this is my first time with forced rotation da, it definitely feels different from the free spinning da. Takes a bit to get used to, but sorta got the hang of it after about 10 mins use..
    Good summary. I've used a "Beast" for 11 years and wanted a "kinder-gentler" cordless experience for general AIO applications. I picked up the cordless XFE "Finisher" for this and am getting used it's softer approach vs the attack mode I was used to.

I used it on a pal's trailer earlier this week with BF One Step and I did not get the upper body workout I've learned to expect with the "Beast"

Next choice: question about polishers.-img_7209-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Good summary. I've used a "Beast" for 11 years and wanted a "kinder-gentler" cordless experience for general AIO applications. I picked up the cordless XFE "Finisher" for this and am getting used it's softer approach vs the attack mode I was used to.

I used it on a pal's trailer earlier this week with BF One Step and I did not get the upper body workout the "Beast" is known for.

Next choice: question about polishers.-img_7209-jpg
    I agree completely. I think for light swirls decent condition cars, ill stick to xfe finisher and rotate among 4 batteries to keep power up. Bring it the cbeast or Supa beast only as necessary. I'll set up Supa beast with 6 inch backing plate, and cbeast with the stock 5 inch.

I also did some 5000 grit sanding today, the cbeast removed with ease. About 3 passes was 100% clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello first time here, want to say hello.
    I detail about 2 vehicles per week to add context.

My equipment usually consist of a go to rupes 15 mk3 and a rotary for heavier defect removal.

I was stuck between the Flex XFE cordless vs the Dewalt, but ended with Flex due to faster charge time, weight, and vibration.

After using it now, my biggest concern is the drop in rpms after the battery is about half depleted. Now I understand this is a finisher, so cutting is not the purpose of this. So I want to pair with another cordless.

I am current looking at the XCE cordless, dewalt cordless da, or just skip all together and go to the dewalt or flex cordless rotaries. I find that the flex does xfe does have cutting capability with the right pad and compound, but the run time on max rpm is why I want to get another.

I heard that the dewalt da does have more cutting capability.

What would you guys recommend next, will xce be a noticeable difference or dewalt da, or just go straight to the rotary?

Thanks in advance.
    First off, I worked at a large nation-wide distribution tool store and weekly, yellow and black tools owned the warranty pile I had to go through. As Mike stated, the corded "Supa Beast" would be the way. I own the original 3401 and the new cordless Beast. I can buff out an entire car on two batteries, or a crew cab pickup/suv with just over three. The only time I notice the speed drop is when it goes to the last bar of the battery, but it's still cutting. I also did the backing plate swap on my cordless Beast and stepped my 3401 back down to the 4" plate.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast