autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Flex xc 3401 vrg hd

I've noticed this product is out of stock most everywhere. I'm in line to buy one
    but just wanted to be sure Flex is continuing the model.

Mike Phillips

Re: Flex xc 3401 vrg hd

My guess is it's out of stock due to popularity and of course supply and demand.

I'll see what I can find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Hopefully it is just a supply issue. I've read plenty about it on the site and am eager to put it to work.

Mike

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mmfed01 View Post

Thanks Mike. Hopefully it is just a supply issue. I

've read plenty about it on the site and am eager to put it to work.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry to say - Autogeek is completely out of stock for all BEASTS. Both models, the version with the factory power cord and the version with the 25' cord.

This is the primary tool I use for any car detailing project, I'm not sure if that leads to sales but I do showcase it a lot. That and the Supa BEAST.

Here's a recent video we made showing gear-driven orbitals that AG sells, this includes the BEAST and the Mille.

LIVE Detailing Class - Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers - Once Step Detailing

How to do high quality 1-step detailing with gear-driven orbital polishers

RUPES Mille = 5mm gear-driven & FLEX XC 3401 aka the BEAST= 8mm gear-driven

I'll see if I can find out when we'll be getting more tools into the warehouse.

Mike Phillips

I checked with my very good friend at FLEX Chris Metcalf, who is also the FLEX Rep for North America and here's what I received,

Mike,

The XC 3401 VRG is out of stock every where because our demand was really high for the units and our factory had issues due to the covid-19 as well.

We have a container that will be here week of July 27th and also another container that will be here first of August. Both of these containers will have XC 3401 VRG units.

But…..

This would be a good place to speak about the new XCE 10-8-125 units. We have plenty of these units in stock and it has a lot of added features that the XC 3401 does not have.

We are still making the XC 3401 but the long term answer is that the XCE 10-8-125 will eventually replace the XC 3401.

I do not have a date on it. I keep pushing to have both!

Chris

It's only natural for Chris to refer to FLEX tools by their part numbers, I know as a Manufacturers Rep in a past life, it's second nature.

But for the rest of us that do not naturally or easily recognize a tool by it's part number, in the above communication, where Chris is talking about this tool,

XCE 10-8-125

He's referring to the Supa BEAST. The Supa BEAST is the newest version of the original BEAST.

Here's a picture showing both tools side by side - the original BEAST has the aluminum housing at the head of the tool while the new Supa BEAST has a plastic housing. The change to the plastic housing makes the tool lighter in weight and also cooler running.

On the left is the BEAST - on the right is the Supa BEAST

For anyone reading this into the future, at some point you're going to need pads for either the BEAST or the Supa BEAST and the original RUPES BigFoot foam pads are good matches. See my article here,

RUPES BigFoot Foam Pads on the FLEX BEAST - Supa BEAST and CBEAST

Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid pads are also great pads for both of these tools. I tend to use the LC 6.5" Force Hybrid ORANGE foam cutting pad for correction work and the RUPES yellow and white foam pads for polishing, finishing or when using an AIO for Production Detailing.

NOTE: The FLEX Supa BEAST comes from the factory with a 5" backing plate. This is a MISTAKE in my opinion. I'm not sure who at FLEX made this decision but they are welcome to take any of my future car or boat detailing classes and I'll be sure to have you use the tool in both configurations and I'm sure you'll change your mind.

In order to use the larger foam pads I've shared above you'll need to purchase and install the larger 6" FLEX Backing Plate, see my article here,

Supa BEAST backing plate swap

6. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda makes me nervous. Think I am going to order a spare BEAST. Not sure I can be without this machine for the rest of my detailing career. If the Supa Beast had the same power as the BEAST I wouldn’t be concerned.... but it’s just a tick slower. My BEAST has 2 speeds....6 or off.......

To be fair, I have not used the Supa Beast yet though.....
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Kinda makes me nervous. Think I am going to order a spare BEAST. Not sure I can be without this machine for the rest of my detailing career.
    Good idea. Once they're gone... they're gone. (at least new units)

If the Supa Beast had the same power as the BEAST I wouldn’t be concerned.... but it’s just a tick slower.

To be fair, I have not used the Supa Beast yet though.....
    When I'm back in the office next week, I'll send you my personal Supa BEAST, the Number #1 from the FLEX factory.

Test it out for a week or two and share your thoughts. (and then ship it back)

My BEAST has 2 speeds....6 or off.......
    Ha ha.... me too.

If the speed dial went to 11

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Good idea. Once they're gone... they're gone. (at least new units)

When I'm back in the office next week, I'll send you my personal Supa BEAST, the Number #1 from the FLEX factory.

Test it out for a week or two and share your thoughts. (and then ship it back)

Ha ha.... me too.

If the speed dial went to 11

Wow! That's a super nice thing to do for someone!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes mmfed01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may go with the 10-8-125 and the backing plate swap out like Mike outlined for now just to keep my projects moving on schedule and then grab a 3401 once they Autogeek has stock. I did note the performance differences spec wise that Dr Oldz brought to light...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk