autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Flex 3401 in Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8almty1 View Post
    Disregard my question, I found a write up by you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share the link to the write-up here please. I have so many articles on so many things I can't always find or remember what's where.

In a nutshell,

If I want to go as fast as I can to plow through a car I use the BEAST.

If I want to go fast but it's not vital to plow through the car I use the Supa BEAST.

If I'm not in a hurry or doing something like machine applying a wax or sealant I use the CBEAST

The lighter, quieter, cooler running Supa BEAST is my preferred option for these three characteristics.

I detailed a car on Friday and Saturday and for both cars I used the Supa BEAST.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Share the link to the write-up here please. I have so many articles on so many things I can't always find or remember what's where.

In a nutshell,

If I want to go as fast as I can to plow through a car I use the BEAST.

If I want to go fast but it's not vital to plow through the car I use the Supa BEAST.

If I'm not in a hurry or doing something like machine applying a wax or sealant I use the CBEAST

The lighter, quieter, cooler running Supa BEAST is my preferred option for these three characteristics.

I detailed a car on Friday and Saturday and for both cars I used the Supa BEAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

It does not have the same maximum RPM or OPM as the original.

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Here's my take, if I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST. If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

Best pads I've found for the BEAST and Supa BEAST are either the Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid Pads, I can pretty much do anything with Orange, White and Black.

I also really like the RUPES 7" foam pad, in all colors, just depends on the project. For polishing gel-coat - the blue and green. For polishing car paint - the yellow and white. I like the TAPERED edge on the RUPES pads as it works well with the reach and buffing characteristics of the gear-driven 8mm tool action.

For the CBEAST - at this time I don't think there's a PERFECT pad for this tool but I do like the Buff & Shine Uro-Tech pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

And for those reading this into the future, here's the link to the reply I wrote with the above info in the seconded quoted section above.

Anyone have experience with the new corded XCE compared to the 3401?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12