autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

FLEX XC3401 problem

Hi guys,

I wanna share some of my problem with the FLEX XC3401. Use the FLEX for about 30mins for my first polishing session, and during my second polishing session with the FLEX polisher white smoke and dust start to spur from the backing plate before the polisher comes to a complete halt/jammed. I remove the backing plate and find out the part of the backing plate is partially melted/burnt. What the hell happened?

I never expect this to happen to a made in Germany product. Polishing result with FLEX is great, but with this quality problem its not worth the hype. Fortunately, Dwayne of Autogeek is kind enough and helping me make some warranty claims to FLEX, hopefully there is good news to come. Anyone kind of share their experience with the FLEX, not sure what happened to mine? Is it a defective product or just poor quality? FYI, my built date is 01/2008.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FLEX XC3401 problem-img_0266-jpg   FLEX XC3401 problem-img_0267-jpg   FLEX XC3401 problem-img_0264-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX XC3401 problem

I had the same problem with mine, but it didn't stop or melt, I think there is an issue with the backing plate, I noticed it when ever I started to put pressure on it during polishing. I took mine apart and didn't see any melting, but mine still smell likes its burning and throws out dust. I'm just goona keep using mine till it breaks.

Post Thanks / Like

"Some things are better left unsaid."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: FLEX XC3401 problem

Quote Originally Posted by AL417 View Post
    Damm...there are some reported issues with FLEX polisher after all. However, I don't recall putting much pressure on the polisher during polishing...basically just resting my hand on the polisher while guiding it along. Now, I do feel a little disappointed with this machine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: FLEX XC3401 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail View Post
    I had the same problem with mine, but it didn't stop or melt, I think there is an issue with the backing plate, I noticed it when ever I started to put pressure on it during polishing. I took mine apart and didn't see any melting, but mine still smell likes its burning and throws out dust. I'm just goona keep using mine till it breaks.
    That's exactly what i experience before the backing plate fails....takes actually less then a minute from the burning plastic smell before it breaks down completely. I do not have the leisure to find a replacement backing plate as I online ordered the machine from AG and has it shipped to Indonesia. Contacted Flex's distributor in Asia, but they couldn't care less about my problem as i did purchase the unit from them .

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would be a little upset that anything would be wrong with them. I mean for what they cost there shouldn't be any problems at all!

Post Thanks / Like

Another user having the same problem with the Flex ... Anthony (OCdetails) on Detailing Forums is another one that had the same thing happen as well. Hopefully Flex will step up to the plate for these issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry this is happening but it is the very reason I have waited to order. After the initial UDM fiasco (no, I didn't buy one), it occured to me that this just might need some field testing with the new plate. Hopefully there is a fix for what seems to be a design problem.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gasterus View Post
    Alright, I am confused now. Where is that brownish ring on the backing plate coming from? This is a first time ever I have seen one. Neither of my two XCs has one.

Post Thanks / Like

well we know AG will assist with any quality control problem with new flex.
    Detailed Reflections

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast