autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The New BEAST????

Eventually, some day, in the distant future, I'm sure I'll own one of the new Supa/Super Beasts.

But honestly, I kind of dig the current shroud. Sets it apart from the other tools

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I posted this in another thread about Flex cordless tools. Flex really should release a dual battery charger, I'm trying to decide between the Flex, and the new cordless Makita. Flex has MUCH better battery life. But the Makita kit comes with a dual charger. And I could buy a quad one. I'm mobile and with the Flex I'd want 4 batteries. When you have 4 batteries, having to charge them one at a time, or buy a second $100 charger kind of sucks. It's crazy how this gets almost double the battery life of the Makita, and with a smaller battery. 25 minutes with a 6Ah for Makita? I'd need a dozen batteries just to do a good full correction lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    I'm pretty sure I posted this in another thread about Flex cordless tools. Flex really should release a dual battery charger, I'm trying to decide between the Flex, and the new cordless Makita. Flex has MUCH better battery life. But the Makita kit comes with a dual charger. And I could buy a quad one. I'm mobile and with the Flex I'd want 4 batteries. When you have 4 batteries, having to charge them one at a time, or buy a second $100 charger kind of sucks. It's crazy how this gets almost double the battery life of the Makita, and with a smaller battery. 25 minutes with a 6Ah for Makita? I'd need a dozen batteries just to do a good full correction lol.
    According to Mikes testing, to fully charge a dead battery equals just about the same time to use a fully charged battery. So I would say the two included batteries would be fine. Maybe pick up a third just Incase.

unless you have absolutely no place to plug in then maybe a few extra batteries.

Also the thread is in reference to the corded version.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

when it comes out, it will be worth the wait...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think we need to drop the letter R

Supa Beast!

I can comPOmise !
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Eventually, some day, in the distant future, I'm sure I'll own one of the new Supa/Super Beasts.

But honestly, I kind of dig the current shroud. Sets it apart from the other tools

I have to agree... My 3401 is awesome and I have become one with the polisher!! That being said, the ergonomics on my Finisher are amazing and this is very very similar. In the end if you choose the Beast or the Supa Beast, I truly believe you cant go wrong!
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Most people could easily buff out a car with 2 batteries and one charger.

Nobody runs a buffer for 48 minutes straight.

I did in one of my multiple write-ups on battery life and it’s NOT real-world. At some point as you work around any car you turn the buffer off and “do something else “.

For example, wipe off product residue. Change pads. Get a drink of water. Most people can’t put their phone down that long.

All this time the other battery is charging.

If you think you buff like a mad-man (and you don’t), then simply spring for another battery.

I thought a created a thread with links to all my cordless write-ups? If I didn’t I will. I easily have a half dozen.

To find any of them simply click over to Skynet and type,

Cordless FLEX Polisher Mike Phillips

And I’m pretty confident Skynet knows where they’re at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12