Just added the Flex XFE7-15 to the arsenal, and have been impressed thus far. I changed out the backing plate to accommodate 5" pads and it has taken on the primary workload from my Griot's Boss G15. Still love the G15 - found myself having to replace the carbon brushes fairly frequently (just due to high volume usage) so needed to have a good DA option on backup and decided to give the Flex a chance after testing it out. We have a 3401 in the shop as well and it has been BULLETPROOF.

Initial impressions - very pleased. Seems slightly underpowered when compared directly to the Griots & Rupes, so find myself having to run at 5 - 6, where I'd normally run 4 -5 on the other machines, when cutting. Seems to heat up a bit more quickly as a result, so just have to be a little more cognizant while working larger scale jobs.

Beyond this, really happy with it. If its as durable and reliable as my 3401, it will be a shop workhorse for years to come!

See post below from job yesterday. Flex XFE7-15, Lake Country HDO Medium Cutting Pad, 3D One Hybrid Compound/Polish - Single Stage job on a Black Mercedes E350!

Champion Carwash & Detail Shop on Instagram: “While our team member @jp_s197_coyote was repping us at the 2019 Veterans Day Parade downtown, we were turning out a detail and single…”