autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Viper SRT-10 Coupe First Wax: Wolfgang and Souveran Tag-Team

Looks Good! Have to try that Wolfgang DGPS next time. Heard it was much easier to work with than the Klasse HGSG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I will make you a trade, life time supply of products for the Lambo! Heck I will even run over and detail the Z06 once a month! What do you say Gary, feeling generous!?
    With all of those toys in your garage you wont even know it is gone!
    Sounds like a good deal but I'll have to think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword View Post
    I'll probably end up getting a new Viper. I won't be selling my Z06 though. I have been thinking about selling my Lamborghini Gallardo. I love the car but the Lambo dealers in Florida really suck and can't do anything right. I have to take it to Orlando or Miami and it's a real hassle especially when you have to take it back 3 times for them to fix simple things right. I have not had a chance to drive an 08 Viper yet. So what do you think of it?

Gary
    Yeah, I hang out at Lamborghini Dallas a lot b/c of my best friend, and he tells me that he gets a lot of long distance customers b/c the local dealers are not treating customers right. I'm surprised high-end dealers don't know how important customer service is. He has however seen quite a few high mileage Gallardo's. One grandmother drives hers like a bat out of hell and last year he told me she had just passed 30,000 miles. I actually raced a Murcielago (not the LP640) last Sunday and he had 40,000 miles on his which was unbelievable.

Not having ever driven a Viper before, I couldn't give you any comparative thoughts. I'm about 5'7" and 190lbs, and I'm sure you have heard the cabin is a little on the tight side compared to the GTS. The exhaust is louder than the 06's because there is no crossover, and can be a little over-bearing on the hwy, but it doesn't bother me. It could benefit from a higher gear ration (3.45 or something) because it doesn't "feel fast" compared to the C6Z06, but I should have some race footage against a FGT and Z06 next week to compare. Of course, the car feels slow just because I'm used to my turbo bike, but it is fast for a car. Clutch pressure is fine, not anywhere as stiff as a FGT. The ride is a little stiff, but the new tires are supposedly a lot better than the old run flats. Visibility isn't the greatest, especially with the blindspot, as I've missed an entire car twice when doing my blindspot check, but I just have to be more cautious. The fit and finish for the most part is better than everyone told me it would be. If there is something specific you want to know, let me know and I'll try my best to answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
    That is one sexy car. What chamois were you using aside from the guzzler?
    I would be lying if I said I remember. I bought it back in 2000. Looking back I wish I bought 3 of them, it's lasted 8 years of washing, and still no tears!

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and cabin heat issues are non existant with the A/C on. It blows super cold on the low setting, and the heater in the mornings works hard too. LOL, Texas weather has us in the 70's during the day and 40's in the morning. The side sills have not felt warm during entry and exit, but I don't rest on the sills for more than a few seconds to get in and out.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Malu59RT View Post
    Not having ever driven a Viper before, I couldn't give you any comparative thoughts. I'm about 5'7" and 190lbs, and I'm sure you have heard the cabin is a little on the tight side compared to the GTS. The exhaust is louder than the 06's because there is no crossover, and can be a little over-bearing on the hwy, but it doesn't bother me. It could benefit from a higher gear ration (3.45 or something) because it doesn't "feel fast" compared to the C6Z06, but I should have some race footage against a FGT and Z06 next week to compare. Of course, the car feels slow just because I'm used to my turbo bike, but it is fast for a car. Clutch pressure is fine, not anywhere as stiff as a FGT. The ride is a little stiff, but the new tires are supposedly a lot better than the old run flats. Visibility isn't the greatest, especially with the blindspot, as I've missed an entire car twice when doing my blindspot check, but I just have to be more cautious. The fit and finish for the most part is better than everyone told me it would be. If there is something specific you want to know, let me know and I'll try my best to answer it.

I would be lying if I said I remember. I bought it back in 2000. Looking back I wish I bought 3 of them, it's lasted 8 years of washing, and still no tears!

Jason
    I wondered what you thougt of the 08 in comparison to a 06 coupe. If you have not driven an 06 coupe is will be hard to make a comparison. I think the visibility in the Gen. III Vipers is definitely better then a Gallardo if that makes you feel any better.

I hope you enjoy your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta get that puppy broken in, all I hear from other owners I've spoken with is how incredible the changes made affected the car, still a raw beast. We had about 530 rwhp or so in the ACR, and others that had similar or around 550rwhp from basic Roe kit still could not believe just how quick the car was stock when broken in. I'm looking at 08's but I have so much else going on right now and other investments going to hold off for now. Not sure on the paint as from others they were impressed by Saleens job and prep, but I recall like 2 or 3 other people saying they had orange peel and some other issues, Gen II's still have the best paint of any factory cars.

I still want to see the Snakeskin Green, as I'm not sure how it looks exactly as in some pics its got a dark hue to it and others its more flakey and light colored. Was anything released on the actual "Purple" color as I'm think even that with black stripes and black wheels would look wicked.

New ACR is going to stomp everyone on the track
    Last edited by Surfer; 02-21-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Love that color. The 08 Vipers look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, she's been broken in for some time now. I drive her a lot, and haven't been too easy on her since she's been broken in. I got mine for about $4k under sticker, but I guess winter weather had a great deal to do with it. I couldn't be happier with the car overall, it's just the small things coming from a Lexus and BMW that annoy me, but that's not why I bought the car. I was impressed by a lot of things that Saleen did, but they just didn't finish the job. There's no rush to get an 08, they will still make them until 2011, and then it's goodbye Viper

I saw the Snakeskin Green in person, and the fact that it looks different in lots of photos makes me love it. It's just an exotic color for a very rare car, and considered either a solid green, or green with black stripes, but I'm a blue person, and thought it would be a bad impulse purchase to get the wrong color. I couldn't be happier with this color in person, and the only thing I'd like to add are the white stripes. I have yet to see anything about the purple.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

If you dont mind me asking, where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottgt View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, where are you located?

Yes I would like to know as well... I'm in central texas, not far from austin, 2 hrs from the dallas area!!! i wanna touch a high end car!!! i'd even detail it for free!!! jsut to say that i did it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast