autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advise for flex noob

btw i get it with budget...it took me 6 months to buy the flex kit...
    my friend bought a PC ..and when i ask him if it removes his swirls..he wont answer me..

months later he started talking about buying the flex

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Advise for flex noob

Quote Originally Posted by Toolhead View Post
    btw i get it with budget...it took me 6 months to buy the flex kit...
    my friend bought a PC ..and when i ask him if it removes his swirls..he wont answer me..

months later he started talking about buying the flex
    lol... yeah, I'm usually not a guy that cheaps out on stuff, I rather buy something more pricy but good quality.. (IF i have the funds..heh).

Now I was looking at the offical FLEX site..and I am a little confused who acutally is authorized by that company to sell in the States...
    Autogeek sells but they are not even listed anywhere on the official site. I was looking at AMZN.. but all those sellers seem to be unreliable they have, and AMZN itself don't sell it.

L8ter!

~~SD~~

Post Thanks / Like

we all buy differently...im focused on AD channels for certain things...ie...weathertech liners..went direct to oem...

i bought flex with confidence from AG...
    id highly recomment the longer cord option...

**** if/when you buy flex....the backing pad bolt (on mine) ships loose*****
    thankfully preuse..i followed mikes tip on lubing the felt..so i removed the backing plate and then noticed the bolt was shipped non tightened....

****tighten the baxking plate nut prior to using***

i bought it with the flex 4 3/8" plate option and use 5.5 inch pads

if you use powertools ...u will easily handle the flex..

lot of posts about the flex pulling during usage which made me wary.....if you usw 8/10amp corded powertools ...itll be just another dewalt or bosch in the lineup to grip

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Advise for flex noob

Do you guys know that feeling... you wash your car and stuff and all of a sudden you notice some scratches on the paint and wonder how the hell they get there...
    Happened to me this morning... fortunately, and to my surprise I had some light sonax polish on hand.. and got those scratches out/covered pretty good manually...wish I had a flex
    or such right now....lol.

Post Thanks / Like

happens all the time man...

most of the times i can figure out where they came from

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toolhead View Post
    happens all the time man...

most of the times i can figure out where they came from
    so for those light scratches..IF i had a flex or other DA... what pad and polish would work best? some polish with low cut or do i have to go more agressive...same with pads...
    i buffed it out ok, but still not super happy how it looks..i want them gone again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowworldz View Post
    so for those light scratches..IF i had a flex or other DA... what pad and polish would work best? some polish with low cut or do i have to go more agressive...same with pads...
    i buffed it out ok, but still not super happy how it looks..i want them gone again.
    i use flex with hybrid force pads with wg system.
    for the older cars /hard paint i start with

orange pad
    wg ucompound

for the newer car i start with

orange pad
    wg tsr

i always finish with white pad and wg fg

the different pad types vary on color coding vs cut level even within same oem...so if /when you buy pads make sure you ask the AG rep about cut levels for that specific pad model..

ie...the orange pad in the thin pad offering by LC is the light cut

the LC hybrid force pad the orange pad is medium cut.

Post Thanks / Like

so for light SCRATCHES on new paint... u would recommend LC hybrid orange pad?
    The scratches are just by the trunk space where u lift stuff over...top of the rear bumper..don't know what it's called......guess I did it to myself...don't think was by 'external' doing... nonetheless irritating..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowworldz View Post
    so for light SCRATCHES on new paint... u would recommend LC hybrid orange pad?
    The scratches are just by the trunk space where u lift stuff over...top of the rear bumper..don't know what it's called......guess I did it to myself...don't think was by 'external' doing... nonetheless irritating..
    On a repainted area I would start with a polishing pad and a finishing polish or polish. Just to start with the least aggressive on a paint I don't know the hardness of the clearcoat. The same as the first polishing you do your test spot on. Then it's hard to see how deep the scratches really are. So it's much of trying and see what the paint tells you. And a spot polishing you can be lesser aggressive on and do the spot multible times till you see you have got the scratches off. Spot polishing and polishing the whole car is a little different. Then have in mind that you will most certainly have to polish the oem paint different than the repainted parts. As you can have 2 different kind of hardness of the clearcoat to deal with. So it's hard to say what that will work or not. Just that test polishing your way forwards to see how the paint reacts and tells you.

Post Thanks / Like

also may not want to chase a scratch that shouldnt be fully polished out and break through the clearcoat

if tou keep your cars for a long time..10/15 yrs...may wana stay conservative somewhat with your polishing (saing your clearcoat) for future polishing....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast