autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like

Flex 3401

Does anyone know if I need to post this in a specific area to try to sell my flex 3401? I have a flex 3401 brand new never been plugged in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex 3401

I don't think AG has a f/s thread or spot. I think it's discouraged.

You maybe have a better shot on one of those auction style sites anyway

Mike Phillips

The management at Autogeek doesn't allow sales threads on the forum.

I think you can do it on the Autopia forum?

Just to add.... I RARELY see someone sell their FLEX 3401 and when they do, down the read I see them post a new thread where they regret it and then complain about having to purchase one all over again.

Not sure what you situation is, I'm just saying what I've seen over the years in the blogosphere.

4. Likes Aaryn NZ, dlc95, VISITOR, lane5515 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason I am considering selling it is to buy a Rupes. I have never used a machine polisher and heard the Flex is a work horse but the Rupes is a little smoother and easier to get used to so considering buying the LHR 15 or LHR21. Thats the only reason I am looking to recoop some money on the Flex.

I have the Flex 3401, some pads, and the autogeek detailing bag I am looking to sell and then would buy the Rupes complete detailing package.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want something like the flex 3401 but smoother makita PO5000C I know a couple places that sells it for 320 shipped..and luckly AGO price matches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Just to add.... I RARELY see someone sell their FLEX 3401 and when they do, down the read I see them post a new thread where they regret it and then complain about having to purchase one all over again.

Not sure what you situation is, I'm just saying what I've seen over the years in the blogosphere.

Haha. Mike, you wrote down exactly what I was thinking. It is a time issue where people just aren’t spending enough time with a tool in hand in regards to people not getting along with the Flex 3401?

I would say on average (a guesstimate because I don’t time it officially) that I would spend around 30, 35 hours a week with a Flex 3401 in hand. I read people’s comments about them being ‘taxing’ etc & it rotates the wrong way but seriously - life is taxing. I’m getting older by the day but I don’t go home at night feeling like I’ve been beaten up by my Flex.

Of all the polishers I have or have ever had, the Flex 3401 would be the last to go if I had to choose.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Likes dlc95, Paul A., dcjredline, richy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    The management at Autogeek doesn't allow sales threads on the forum.

I think you can do it on the Autopia forum?

Uh....

Yeah..

I've felt that pain.

Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

The 3401 is a great tool. I had mine fir years and once you learn to use it, it’s a huge time saver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Haha. Mike, you wrote down exactly what I was thinking. It is a time issue where people just aren’t spending enough time with a tool in hand in regards to people not getting along with the Flex 3401?

I would say on average (a guesstimate because I don’t time it officially) that I would spend around 30, 35 hours a week with a Flex 3401 in hand. I read people’s comments about them being ‘taxing’ etc & it rotates the wrong way but seriously - life is taxing. I’m getting older by the day but I don’t go home at night feeling like I’ve been beaten up by my Flex.

Of all the polishers I have or have ever had, the Flex 3401 would be the last to go if I had to choose.

Aaryn NZ.
    The only time it beat me up, was using those super thin LC Ultra Fiber microfiber pads.

It might be that coming from a rotary, the forced rotation doesn't bother me. Same with the spin. Once you get used to it, it's a no brainer.

Since I replaced the one I sold, I've used it more than I though I would.

13. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Aaryn NZ.
    I had once wondered, if using it down under, did the Flex then rotate the other way?

15. Likes PaulMys, Aaryn NZ, DaveT435, Paul A., richy liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast