autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Preordering XFE15, which pads should I order?

Starting from scratch. Not a lot of expierence. Preordering the xfe15 to take advantage of the 3rd battery. The different pads options are a little overwhelming. Mostly for applying wax. I want to take the 3 day class to expand my skill set. But for now What would be a good set of pads to start with ? Thanks for the help

Mike Phillips

Re: Preordering XFE15, which pads should I order?

Quote Originally Posted by JDubs115 View Post

Starting from scratch. Not a lot of experience.

Preordering the xfe15 to take advantage of the 3rd battery.

The different pads options are a little overwhelming. Mostly for applying wax.

I want to take the 3 day class to expand my skill set.

But for now What would be a good set of pads to start with ?

Thanks for the help

Hi and since this is your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

As for pads for machine waxing, you can keep it simple and go with the Lake Country 6.5" ThinPro red foam pads. These are a very soft foam just for machine waxing or final, final polishing.

Just a heads up, the question I normally see after a thread like this AND you have used your polisher goes like this,

How do you get the wax out of the pads?

And what a lot of people find out is that waxes and sealants DON'T wash out of pads easily because waxes and sealants are NOT water soluble. If waxes and sealants were water soluble and washed out of your pad easily, this would mean they would also wash off your car's paint easily.

Make sense?

Before I drone on and on with a typewriter, what type of wax do you normally use and what are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi and since this is your first post...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

As for pads for machine waxing, you can keep it simple and go with the Lake Country 6.5" ThinPro red foam pads. These are a very soft foam just for machine waxing or final, final polishing.

Just a heads up, the question I normally see after a thread like this AND you have used your polisher goes like this,

How do you get the wax out of the pads?

And what a lot of people find out is that waxes and sealants DON'T wash out of pads easily because waxes and sealants are NOT water soluble. If waxes and sealants were water soluble and washed out of your pad easily, this would mean they would also wash off your car's paint easily.

Make sense?

Before I drone on and on with a typewriter, what type of wax do you normally use and what are you working on?

Currently just whatever I’ve gotten from the auto parts store...I want to take this more serious now so I’ve been reading through the forum and I’m open to suggestions.

As far as vehicles most everythings just a few years old. I have 3 RV’s in the family that I’d like to tackle eventually.. and I want to attend your class to get the knowledge and confidence to do a 69 roadrunner.

Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so now looking to order the gritguard universal pad washer when Autogeek gets it back in stock. Also looking into either the black fire one step or HD Speed. Would the white pads work best with these? Or should I just get an assortment of pads and go with the test spots to see what gives me the best results. I feel like I’m possibly over thinking everything...