autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordless Flex Polishers Available For Preorder Per Autogeek Website

Looks as though the cordless XFE15 150 ($549.99) and PE-150 ($579.99) can be preordered now with expected arrival date of April. Neither product page lists how many batteries will be included with the polisher, only that each comes with a 5 amp battery and a 2.5 amp battery is available for purchase separately. I recall Mike Phillips previously stating that he understood each kit would include two 5 amp batteries and would be priced around $500.00. It would seem fair to me to anticipate any additional batteries purchased separately from the polisher will cost upwards of $100.

How many of you will be planning to purchase one of these units at those prices if 2 batteries are included? How about if only 1 battery is included?

I am intrigued by the XFE15 but being that I am mainly a hobbyist I will not be purchasing one at that price regardless of the number of included batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cordless Flex Polishers Available For Preorder Per Autogeek Website

I’m in. Well at least I will be if these work down here.

I can’t confirm whether or not that they come with two batteries but honestly I can’t see them coming out with just one - it would defeat the purpose I guess.

For me, I would add the PE & 3401 first but doubt I wouldn’t eventually buy the XFE too. Exciting times!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

3. Thanks Dan K thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it has 2 batteries.... I’m IN!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Mr. Slick, Palm Springs' Mobile Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine how much easier it is to bring and show off paint correction? I wonder how many jobs I’d be able to sell if I brought one of these to every job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Mr. Slick, Palm Springs' Mobile Detailer

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both of the corded versions and the announcement fell flat for me. I was surprised because I love to buy and use tools . What I think is wrong is the announcement does not show a charger,extra battery,carry case,and extra stuff. Maybe when the full kit is shown I will get on the bandwagon. On SUV and RV roofs it will come in handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the point of a battery powered polisher unless it's an iBrid for it's size and reach capabilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Auto Geek will update the page at the store with the kit information.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Post Thanks / Like

Wow they are expensive as I thought they would be! In Sweden you can also preorder them now. In the description they say that the polisher and charger and 2× 5amp batteries is what comes with it. To the price for one is 1270$! Both has the same price. This makes them double the against the corded ones. So for me as hobby detailer this polishers is not worth it just for the cordless. And a thing I noticed in the descriptions was the weight of them with the 5amp battery on. It's a very heavy polisher and I would think twice about it if useing to polish a whole car with them. The xfe 15 weight is almost 17lbs with the battery on that is alot even if it's well balanced to hold up to the verticals of the car. The rotary pe 150 is at 16,3lbs it sounds very heavy for a polisher it's about tripple the weight of the corded ones. As a bonus you get a free education day with Renny Doyle and signed by him. It's a long way to the place it is at and it's only the education that is free. Everything around it with hotell and food and travel cost is almost like a polisher in price lol.

So take a thought of if you can handle the weight of them. I would consider them if they were in a closer price range as the corded ones. But double the price no way for me even if it's an awesome polisher.

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Wow they are expensive as I thought they would be!

To the price for one is 1270$! Both has the same price. This makes them double the against the corded ones. So for me as hobby detailer this polishers is not worth it just for the cordless. And a thing I noticed in the descriptions was the weight of them with the 5amp battery on. It's a very heavy polisher and I would think twice about it if useing to polish a whole car with them. The xfe 15 weight is almost 17lbs with the battery on that is alot even if it's well balanced to hold up to the verticals of the car.

So take a thought of if you can handle the weight of them. I would consider them if they were in a closer price range as the corded ones. But double the price no way for me even if it's an awesome polisher.
    So expect a major increase in the weight of the polisher... Along with a major Decrease in the weight of your wallet.
    Got it.Cordless Flex Polishers Available For Preorder Per Autogeek Websitelol.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike can you please weigh the XFE15 150 and PE-150; the weights above (16 & 17 lbs) seem awful heavy to me. Thank you
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast