autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

XFE-7-12-80 vs LHR75E...is there really a significant difference?

I'm looking at my 3" machine as the next upgrade once I get a few more jobs under my belt, as I can see the GG3 being a handicap as I start going after some more high level cars.

So, it comes down to the flex 3" and the rupes mini. Not looking at iBRID right now, too pricey and not something I see myself needing right now.

The main thing I see is the size of the tool's body, the FLEX looks a little bigger and clunkier compared to the LHR75. I like the small size of my GG3 and the rupes seems to be closer in profile than the FLEX does.

With that said, is there a difference in correcting power between these two? The gg3 is obviously super easy to stall, are either of these that easy to stall or do they possess more 'oomph'?

Both the flex and the rupes retail for about $50-100 more than what I paid for my G15 recently, so it's a significant investment that I want to make sure I get my money's worth out of.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: XFE-7-12-80 vs LHR75E...is there really a significant difference?

I only know of one person who has both, and according to him the Rupes has a slight edge in being smoother,quieter and more powerful. I asked more powerful how and he said stalls less and corrects abit quicker. I prefer going by own experience hence I should have both in a matter of weeks side by side but personally don’t think there might be much in it. You prefer red or black?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried your GG3" with thin pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Sandro of Car Craft auto detailing in Melbourn, Australia just posted a video on youtube this morning review the new Flex XFE-7-12-80.

He believes they are very close performance wise, but he thinks the flex is slightly better than the mini in case you don't want to watch his video.

It's personally my favorite youtube channel that is detailing related and his videos are really geared toward the professional detailer.
    https://youtu.be/kvZmXMPaUKg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I only know of one person who has both, and according to him the Rupes has a slight edge in being smoother,quieter and more powerful. I asked more powerful how and he said stalls less and corrects abit quicker. I prefer going by own experience hence I should have both in a matter of weeks side by side but personally don’t think there might be much in it. You prefer red or black?
    Was he using 3" pads on the Flex?? The size of the machines is almost identical. The Flex is a little heavier and feels more solid. The Flex also can start at a lower speed which can be helpful. The Ruoes may have a little more power, but how much power do you need with a 3" machine. Believe me the Flex has plenty. I have both and I'm selling the Rupes. I'm not loyal to any brand. I have Rupes machines, Flex machines, and Griot's.
    One more thing to consider, with an all inclusive 15% off sale you can get the 15% off the Flex.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Was he using 3" pads on the Flex?? The size of the machines is almost identical. The Flex is a little heavier and feels more solid. The Flex also can start at a lower speed which can be helpful. The Ruoes may have a little more power, but how much power do you need with a 3" machine. Believe me the Flex has plenty. I have both and I'm selling the Rupes. I'm not loyal to any brand. I have Rupes machines, Flex machines, and Griot's.
    One more thing to consider, with an all inclusive 15% off sale you can get the 15% off the Flex.
    I don’t know the specifics on pads and products but the guys a pro not loyal to any brand and only cares about results. Never needed a slower speed than Rupes speed 1 and 2 as it doesn’t sling when spreading and doesn’t seem like its spinning that fast anyways. Personally I look forward to adding both to my collection and putting both to good use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Have you tried your GG3" with thin pads?
    Yes, thinpros.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Basically I want my 3" machine to be able to correct the smaller areas at least as well as or close to what I can get to with my g15 on the larger panels. I've mostly been taking on production type work, but want to start taking more correction and higher end work over the winter and I don't think the gg3 is up to that task.

It's great for all in one work, but even the slightest pressure on anything but speed 6 stalls it, even with thinpros. I haven't tried any mf on it yet, but can only imagine it'd bog worse.

I bought it originally to complement my mt300 but now I've upgraded to the g15 and I'd really rather not use the bulkier mt300 with a 3" plate, so I'm looking to the flex or rupes minis as the next logical step. Had I known what I do now and had the extra money to burn, i probably just would have bought one of the rupes combo packs from Ag up front. Would have cost about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro

Post Thanks / Like

I you're using the Rupes, polishes, pads, etc. I would go ahead and get the Ruoes. If you're not using it as a system I would lean toward the Flex. Both are great machines and you can't go wrong either way.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Is the size really that similar? The flex looks significantly bigger than the rupes, though that may be a form factor thing with the different designs.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Joe Catanzaro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast