autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New FLEX leaked...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    FLEX XFE 7-12 80...
    Looks like somebody's been pretty busy...

是的我們有!
    Ja...wir haben!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I take it it's not forced rotation. What's the reason for not having a forced rotation that uses 3" pads (and maybe smaller)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nothing stays a secret any longer...

I have a prototype - works great with either Lake Country ThinPro pads or Griot's thin BOSS pads.

enjoyed the videos of it, did you test it with the LC HDO 3.5in pads by chance?

Post Thanks / Like

looks like the gg3, I assume the motor is better though but who knowS?

Post Thanks / Like

The Forensics Detailing channel had said something about am XFE7-125 during his review of the XFE7-150 that he did about 4-6 weeks ago. I just figured it was an XFE7-150 with a 5" backing plate. Maybe he was talking about this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I was looking to get back into rupes and was considering picking up a mini in the near future. This has my interest piqued now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bagged00 View Post
    Well cap. I was going to pull the trigger on a rupes mini today. I'm going to guess no information on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    Damn, I was looking to get back into rupes and was considering picking up a mini in the near future. This has my interest piqued now.

i would wait till this is released, i'm sure it's right around the corner...

Post Thanks / Like

hopefully its forced rotation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    hopefully its forced rotation

When the Rupes Mini is the top of the crop and they Flex has to play catch up to Rupes like they had to do with a large throw DA?

The Rupes Mini is fully capable and available for purchase today.

Why would anyone need a forced rotation 3" ?

If you want over power just buy a pe8.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt that Flex was playing catch up to anybody, Rupes included. They are definitely not copying Rupes in any way with the XFE7-150, as it uses its own balancing system (the famous rattle when it is picked up and moved in different directions, even unpowered). I don't think the XFR7-12 is a copy of the Rupes Mini. Hard to say as of now, without seeing the full specs of the new Flex, but why is it trying to catch up to Rupes, and not Griot's Garage? GG also has a 3" mini polisher.. Rupes had a forced rotation polisher decades ago, yet never brought it to market (it is in the video that Mike Phliips did when he visited the Rupes factory and museum), yet Rupes felt that it was better to go with a long throw DA. Is Rupes "catching up" with Flex (if so, why didn't they do it prior to now), or are they just seeing the market expand?

I think that all of the major detailing tool vendors (Flex, Rupes, GG, now Makita) are only now seeing the size of the detailing market, and are starting to devote more effort to cater to it. This is why Rupes will shortly bring out a forced rotation polisher, why Makita just brought theirs out. It wasn't because they have some compelling reason to "catch up" to anybody, just that they believe that there is a market that they can grab a chunk of. I also think this will prompt, for example, GG to improve their 3" polisher, which has a reputation of being under-powered. I see GG maybe coming out with a forced rotation polisher and maybe Makita coming out with a DA (its not much of a reach to see a DA only version of the PO6000C). The more products that they have out there, the more that they can capitalize on commonality. The new XFE7-12 uses a lot of case parts from the PE8 (saying this because of the overall shape and size, and the position of the speed control dial). I would be surprised if the XFE7-12 didn't use the same, or a very close relative, or the PE8 motor. I would guess that the XFE7-12 is basically the PE8 with a DA gear train vs. the rotary gear train of the PE8. We'll see when the specs for the XFE7-12 come out; if you see an 800W motor specification, it will be basically the PE8 motor. The XCE9 (the XC 3401 replacement) will use a lot of the case parts of the XFE7-150, and take advantage of the improved airflow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast