autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Flex DA Polisher- Initial Comments

Just received and tried the Flex DA polisher....very nice machine.

I am not a rotary user and this fits the bill nicely for me. Much more power and better cutting ability than the PC.... of course the Flex costs considerably more. It does take alittle more effort to use as compared to the PC mainly because of its slightly heavier weight and power. I give it a thumbs up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex DA Polisher- Initial Comments

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I was so used to the weight of the rotory and so excited about the Flex I did not realize it's weight. I do not own a PC,and I do not use my friends enought to really remember. So I just pulled out the rotory and the Flex to compare the weight differences. My Chicago rotory weighs 5lbs. My Flex weighs 6 lbs. There is a weight difference of 1 pound. I do not know what any of the well known rotories weigh.
    I have a felling it's more than the Flex. IMO it's not the weight,it's the mechanics of the machine that makes the difference. I can hold the Flex with one hand & buff and not worry about damage to the finish.The thumb speed ajustment is right there. You can put the speed dial at 6 (the highest) and start the machine slow and run it at any of the other speeds by using the trigger in the handle . I think the 1 pound makes it easier to control,the bale handle assist especially when in the verticle position on side panels. This machine has taken my business to a new and exciting level! Thanks AG and all who helped steer me to the FLEX!

Post Thanks / Like

For me, compared to the PC7424, the Flex DA takes alittle more effort to manage, but not alot. The bale handle is a must. I am enjoying removing swirls that my PC had a very tough time with. A nicely engineered and built polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

I would take my flex over the PC ANY day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine View Post
    Maybe I was so used to the weight of the rotory and so excited about the Flex I did not realize it's weight. I do not own a PC,and I do not use my friends enought to really remember. So I just pulled out the rotory and the Flex to compare the weight differences. My Chicago rotory weighs 5lbs. My Flex weighs 6 lbs. There is a weight difference of 1 pound. I do not know what any of the well known rotories weigh.
    I have a felling it's more than the Flex. IMO it's not the weight,it's the mechanics of the machine that makes the difference. I can hold the Flex with one hand & buff and not worry about damage to the finish.The thumb speed ajustment is right there. You can put the speed dial at 6 (the highest) and start the machine slow and run it at any of the other speeds by using the trigger in the handle . I think the 1 pound makes it easier to control,the bale handle assist especially when in the verticle position on side panels. This machine has taken my business to a new and exciting level! Thanks AG and all who helped steer me to the FLEX!
    The Flex weighs less than most electric rotaries. I believe my Makita is around 6 1/2 lbs, and my Milwaukee is around 8 pounds.

I've only used my son's Flex twice. However, I can tell that it's a tad heavier than the PC, but feels better balanced, and easier to handle, as the weight is distributed over a slightly longer span.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
    I would take my flex over the PC ANY day
    You are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    You are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thejoyofdriving View Post
    You had concerns over "white finger syndrome" when it comes to any polisher. Do you feel Flex satisfies your requirements in that regard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    You had concerns over "white finger syndrome" when it comes to any polisher. Do you feel Flex satisfies your requirements in that regard?
    Well after running 6 or 7 hours with the Rigid I found it difficult to use my hands, and they always felt like they were vibrating, even when i wasnt using the machine. I do not recall having such feelings with the Flex, my hands may have felt a little funny for a while but way way better than any other machine. I have to say it is THE smoothest machine i have ever worked with, and ive tried a few, Rigid, PC, Griots Garage polisher and Festool.
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 12-22-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast