autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XCE 9-8 150 anyone know when it will actually be released ?

the long throw DA's were suppose to work quicker because of it's throw compared to the 3401 but quite of few said that opposite and still use/prefer the 3401 for heavy correction. we can talk about stats on paper all day long, but the real test will come down face to face with both polishers going head to head...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the long throw DA's were suppose to work quicker because of it's throw compared to the 3401 but quite of few said that opposite and still use/prefer the 3401 for heavy correction. we can talk about stats on paper all day long, but the real test will come down face to face with both polishers going head to head...
    Long throw requires much more technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

^ still some prefer the 3401 over the long throw regardless. just like anything else these days, personal preference i guess...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    the free spin mode of the PO5000c isnt anything to write home about(think GG3)
    the reason why flex has to worry is because both the PO5000C and the Mille will out correct it while being smooth and no vibration compared ot the jack hammer vibration of the 3401/XCE

Pound for Pound in forced mode makita is the clear winner.
    The time the Mille comes out I think performance and smoothness/vibration between the PO5000c will be negligible..People will only choose due to brand loyalty...or people that have their mind set thinking clockwise rotation will work better then counter clockwise...that's it.

IF i could only choose a flex, and the XCE came out today with non revised specs...id choose the 3401 over XCE
    In the case of the Mille, it is hard to say as it hasn't been released yet (unless you are testing it and are under NDA). As for the PO5000c, I would like to see a head to head between it and the 3401 (3401 using 5.5" pads like to PO5000c). I have been hoping to see such a video on Youtube, but nothing like that yet. Most of what is being said about the new polishers (PO5000c, Rupes Mille, and the Flex XCE) is mostly just speculation and talk. "The Mille will be smoother than the 3401" , The PO5000c and Mille will out correct the 3401". My simple question is "How do you know?". Unless there are tests from multiple, independent, reliable sources, this is speculation.

The Rupes Mille will be smoother than the 3401 based on what? the smoothness of the Bigfoot DAs? Has it occurred to anybody to ask whether or not the vibration control of the DAs is even applicable to forced rotation polishers?. Has it occurred to anybody that Flex may have chosen an 8mm throw for a reason? We have all seen the email from Todd at Rupes saying that throw is unimportant on fixed rotation polishers. Is that from a stalling perspective, or is that from a rate of paint correction perspective?

So, until some real testing is done, preferably by people with experience on a variety of polishers, that are independent, knowledgeable, and reliable, the rush to pronounce the 3401 as superceded, or dead, is extremely premature, and is at the least, quite speculative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    In the case of the Mille, it is hard to say as it hasn't been released yet (unless you are testing it and are under NDA). As for the PO5000c, I would like to see a head to head between it and the 3401 (3401 using 5.5" pads like to PO5000c). I have been hoping to see such a video on Youtube, but nothing like that yet. Most of what is being said about the new polishers (PO5000c, Rupes Mille, and the Flex XCE) is mostly just speculation and talk. "The Mille will be smoother than the 3401" , The PO5000c and Mille will out correct the 3401". My simple question is "How do you know?". Unless there are tests from multiple, independent, reliable sources, this is speculation.

The Rupes Mille will be smoother than the 3401 based on what? the smoothness of the Bigfoot DAs? Has it occurred to anybody to ask whether or not the vibration control of the DAs is even applicable to forced rotation polishers?. Has it occurred to anybody that Flex may have chosen an 8mm throw for a reason? We have all seen the email from Todd at Rupes saying that throw is unimportant on fixed rotation polishers. Is that from a stalling perspective, or is that from a rate of paint correction perspective?

So, until some real testing is done, preferably by people with experience on a variety of polishers, that are independent, knowledgeable, and reliable, the rush to pronounce the 3401 as superceded, or dead, is extremely premature, and is at the least, quite speculative.
    I can do one, what you want to see
    1000k wetsand, 4 passes each?

smoothness based on the fact the po5000c has more stroke then the mille, and is night and dahy from the 3401 and the XCE preproduction unit ive tested

Post Thanks / Like

1000K seems a little bit rough, maybe 2000-3000 grit would be a more accurate approximation of swirled up cars seen in tetailing? Same compound, polish and pads/pad sizeon each polisher to keep the variables to a minimum. Try to keep the arm speed consistent.

As for the polisher speed settings, use whatever you feel is optimumon each. The OPM on the PO5000c is higher than the 3401, so matching speeds doesn't make for a fair test, and would cover up one of the advanced of the PO5000c.

Looking firward to seeing that video, if yoy get around to doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    1000K seems a little bit rough, maybe 2000-3000 grit would be a more accurate approximation of swirled up cars seen in tetailing? Same compound, polish and pads/pad sizeon each polisher to keep the variables to a minimum. Try to keep the arm speed consistent.

As for the polisher speed settings, use whatever you feel is optimumon each. The OPM on the PO5000c is higher than the 3401, so matching speeds doesn't make for a fair test, and would cover up one of the advanced of the PO5000c.

Looking firward to seeing that video, if yoy get around to doing it.
    yeah, if i dialed down OPM to match 3401....3401 would win due to stroke i have a green honda hood i could use...my kia is silver, so not a good test mule

ill try 1500 grit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    yeah, if i dialed down OPM to match 3401....3401 would win due to stroke i have a green honda hood i could use...my kia is silver, so not a good test mule

ill try 1500 grit
    Definitely use top speeds with both machines. Pointless to dial down the Makita.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Definitely use top speeds with both machines. Pointless to dial down the Makita.
    yeah i know..whole advantage of makita is opm..need a certain amount of OPM to overcome lack of throw...Griot figured this out..which is why i think they made a HD 3in BP for the GG6 instead of making a G12 mini

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to this. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast