autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Important* new flex polisher question

i dont know why its doing it it seems like the backing plate just isnt secure to the tool. i can easily wiggle it back and forth rapidly and make a noise while doing it. then when i turn on the machine i can hear it bouncing. the backing plate itself is not secure to the tool like the g15 is. the allen screw and the washer are there and they are tight but the backing plate is not secure. the allen screw is tightened down all the way. there's not much to it just the short allen screw and the washer thats it.

im sorry but can you guys point me to the number for customer service?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    It is the factory backing plate I shaved down to 5 inches. It clicks back and forth when I tug on it, always has.

It has worked great for 3 years.
    mines definitely not working great. this isnt my only da i have four of them,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    That's really strange, the way the parts are manufactured I don't really see what would cause that except a cross threaded screw or the backing plate itself broken. So obviously you've removed the backing plate and put it back on? Can you actually see what's broken? I want you to understand I'm not doubting you in any way, just curious because in the years I've been on here I've never heard of anything like this on here. With any manufactured product there is going to be a percentage of defects. Flex percentage seems to be very low. Can you actually see what's broken, have you turned the machine on a low speed with the backing plate off to try to see where the problem is?
    i don't want to start getting into trying to fix it they can do that. i just want a new one. im sure you can understand this is a very expensive tool for me. thank you though for trying to help ill let you know how it turns out.

edit: i found the info for customer service at the top of the store page. i sent them a message and will call tomorrow,

Post Thanks / Like

anyone know if the autogeek office will be open today?

Post Thanks / Like

I posted the pics for reference, I was hoping you would post pics for comparison.

Mine is the apparent working variance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    i don't want to start getting into trying to fix it they can do that. i just want a new one. im sure you can understand this is a very expensive tool for me. thank you though for trying to help ill let you know how it turns out.

edit: i found the info for customer service at the top of the store page. i sent them a message and will call tomorrow,
    I understand completely, if it isn't right they need to give you a new one. Having had one of those machines I just can't figure what it would possibly be. The two obvious things that come to mind are the one I mentioned, and the too long screw someone else mentioned. Obviously it's neither of those. It'll be interest to find out what the problem is.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I understand completely, if it isn't right they need to give you a new one. Having had one of those machines I just can't figure what it would possibly be. The two obvious things that come to mind are the one I mentioned, and the too long screw someone else mentioned. Obviously it's neither of those. It'll be interest to find out what the problem is.
    It sure sounds like the screw is to long and is bottoming out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I posted the pics for reference, I was hoping you would post pics for comparison.

Mine is the apparent working variance.
    im sorry i dont have a camera. i see your pushing it up? mines loose, it will move up and down by shaking the tool. at high speed it wobbles like crazy. the actual backing plate is loose. as in its not secure to the machine. i have a g15 long throw polisher. the backing plate is secure to the machine. its not loose and doesn't move up and down off the machine at all

i think the backing plate tolerance is off

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It sure sounds like the screw is to long and is bottoming out.
    its not bottoming out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    im sorry i dont have a camera. i see your pushing it up? mines loose, it will move up and down by shaking the tool. at high speed it wobbles like crazy. the actual backing plate is loose. as in its not secure to the machine. i have a g15 long throw polisher. the backing plate is secure to the machine. its not loose and doesn't move up and down off the machine at all

i think the backing plate tolerance is off

its not bottoming out
    If you can't tighten the screw anymore without over tightening and the plate is not snug to the spindle and wobbles, then the screw is too long and bottoming out.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you taken the hex head bolt out to see how the threads look? or the backing plate is cracked on the spindle notch?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast