autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Important* new flex polisher question

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    i
    ill check to see if my backingplate has sidewobble...but as for the walking issue..
    if you keep the polisher level/pad flat the issues will be virtually eliminated...as I still have minor walk/push on the lower panels like the bottom door or rockers.

you also need to hold the polisher differently then if you would with a GG6 or Boss/rupes longthrow
    instead of vertical..hold it almost horizontal sasy like 2 oclock or 10 oclock depending on if youre lefty or righty

and NO it doesnt have wobble..you can attempt to rotate it and hear a sound before it locks but that about it
    no i know it took me a while to figure out its broken. that little wobble throws everything off. looking back now you can tell by the polishing trails its bouncing all over the place. its just a defective tool

also to add i have my new g15 to compare it to and the g15 is solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Sounds like maybe the screw is cross threaded, if the screw feels tight but the p,ate is loose. If you haven't taken off or put on the backing plate I wouldn't. Make sure the washer is there. I would contact Flex USA before you do much if anything. If it's a cross threaded screw and you've taken it off it would be normal for them to think you cross threaded it...
    its not cross threaded bro, i know what you mean though, everything is in right the backing plate is just not secure to the machine. i just want a new one because its such an expensive tool. they can figure it out and sell it refurbished or whatever.

i think the fact that the backing plate is hard plastic instead of metal may have something to do with it.

edit.. i emailed customer service, gave them the order number and told them the problem hopefully they will get back to me soon. i told them i dont want it fixed i just want a new one thats not broken. i bought it like two weeks ago but last night and today was my first time using it. im not blaming autogeek i know they dont manufacture the thing

thanks for all the help guys

Post Thanks / Like

Looky here I can make it move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Looky here I can make it move.

maybe you can but its not supposed to. mines broken its just about unusable with a 6.5 inch pad. i know its not right its not a little movement its a lot. is that even the factory backing plate you have on there?

can you shake the plate back and forth easy and make noise? thats what mines doing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    maybe you can but its not supposed to. mines broken its just about unusable with a 6.5 inch pad. i know its not right its not a little movement its a lot. is that even the factory backing plate you have on there?

can you shake the plate back and forth easy and make noise? thats what mines doing
    It is the factory backing plate I shaved down to 5 inches. It clicks back and forth when I tug on it, always has.

It has worked great for 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really strange, the way the parts are manufactured I don't really see what would cause that except a cross threaded screw or the backing plate itself broken. So obviously you've removed the backing plate and put it back on? Can you actually see what's broken? I want you to understand I'm not doubting you in any way, just curious because in the years I've been on here I've never heard of anything like this on here. With any manufactured product there is going to be a percentage of defects. Flex percentage seems to be very low. Can you actually see what's broken, have you turned the machine on a low speed with the backing plate off to try to see where the problem is?
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Post pictures or better yet a video

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the bp is not sitting flush to the spindle. I had a customer that for whatever reason had the wrong size (length) screw and it would not lighten down, thus the wobble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    its not cross threaded bro, i know what you mean though, everything is in right the backing plate is just not secure to the machine. i just want a new one because its such an expensive tool. they can figure it out and sell it refurbished or whatever.

i think the fact that the backing plate is hard plastic instead of metal may have something to do with it.

edit.. i emailed customer service, gave them the order number and told them the problem hopefully they will get back to me soon. i told them i dont want it fixed i just want a new one thats not broken. i bought it like two weeks ago but last night and today was my first time using it. im not blaming autogeek i know they dont manufacture the thing

thanks for all the help guys
    I would still make sure you call them tomorrow morning. I haven't had much success getting a response from them when I email.

Post Thanks / Like

When I had my 3401, I could definitely rotate the plate side to side a fraction of a millimeter, but not to or from the tool.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast