autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    There is a reason why I used word "category" and why I said they are not in same category nor even remotely close. Flex is direct drive with forced orbit component. PC and it's "relatives" do not have that.
    I tend to agree with you also, the Flex truly is more of a baby rotary for most uses and purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review! One of my gripes before reading your review was the backing plate. I thought it only supported the lager plate and therefore, 6.5 or bigger pads. I love my 5.5 inch pads, so that was a deal breaker for me. How were you able to acquire a smaller backing plate for free, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again for taking the time to write up and post the review.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review; darn it now I want one

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    Excellent review! One of my gripes before reading your review was the backing plate. I thought it only supported the lager plate and therefore, 6.5 or bigger pads. I love my 5.5 inch pads, so that was a deal breaker for me. How were you able to acquire a smaller backing plate for free, if you don't mind me asking?

Pete
    Pete the business I bought from told me that Flex knew that the backing plate had an issue with possibly the velcro seperating so they had come up with this size as an alternative and he said we'll send it to you for free. You have to love that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    Great review; darn it now I want one
    I don't think you would regret it. Just imagine using this thing on that beautiful Mustang.... I know I'm bad and not helping matters!

Post Thanks / Like
    No your not lol the good thing is my $$ is tied up for bit so I can resist the urge (actually don't have a choice, she said so lol)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to the pc and I got it because they said it is foolproof (good for novices) and would not cause the paint to burn like a rotary. My questions- is this just a stronger version of the pc? Is it a DA, the flex site does not say. Would a novice like me who used the PC once so far be able to use this ( is it as safe as the pc). I guess you can't use edge pads with this one just lc pads. This sounds great and I would like to get one.
    Your advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks, Vinny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post

Pete
    I had the same issue regarding the flex. I use only 5.5 and smaller pads. Flex will be coming out with a 5.25 backing plate in a couple of weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicator View Post
    I am new to the pc and I got it because they said it is foolproof (good for novices) and would not cause the paint to burn like a rotary. My questions- is this just a stronger version of the pc? Is it a DA, the flex site does not say. Would a novice like me who used the PC once so far be able to use this ( is it as safe as the pc). I guess you can't use edge pads with this one just lc pads. This sounds great and I would like to get one.
    Your advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks, Vinny
    Basically, this machine is like a stronger version of the PC as both are orbitals. The Flex also has forced rotation though. With the PC the pads spins as a by-product of the orbitting motion. It's not motivated by the machine's motor. With the Flex the machine's motor is pushing the pad to spin up to 480 RPM IIRC.

I am also thinking of buying a Flex myself as I have been looking for a way to cut down my polishing time. Originally, I was thinking about a rotary, but this machine scares me much less. I am also an Edge pad user and had emailed Aaron to see if there's anyway I can continue to use my Edge pads with the Flex. He's looking into it.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up and i have recieved the new backing plate and it is just a hair over 5"
    No more supercharger,i now have twin turbo,s.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast