autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What (mini + carpet brush)machine to buy next to flex!

Quote Originally Posted by postaltwo View Post
    The price is not cheap no doubt ,but it the smoothist machine out there and u don't have to buy many machines so u save money there
    I read a little about it it's great machine
    I will make comparison between cyclo and flex 4031

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You could always do the carpets and seat with a brush by hand until you decide if you want a dedicated unit for the task. Since you state that you are outside of the US you will also have to figure what you can purchase in the correct voltage. The polishers are not variable voltage units.

Post Thanks / Like

Some do come in either 110V or 220 V. The Flex and the cyclo do, I'm not sure about the PC and the Griot's.

Post Thanks / Like

personally, i wouldn't choose a cyclo if it's the only machine you are going to get/have. it's cumbersome (hard to get into tight spots as well) and with a traditional pc-style DA, you can change out backing plate and pads which makes it more versatile...

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing that prevents you from changing the backing plates on a Cyclo. In fact, there are backing plates made by most companies that are specifically designed for the Cyclo. I would go so far as to say that most of the backing plates for 4" pads are targeted for the Cyclo, as are most 4" pads. My logic is that there is no real reason to have any pad sizes betweeen 5"-5.5" and 3.5", aside from the fact that the pad size on the Cyclo is 4". The Cyclo has been on the market for over 50 years now, and between the build quality (needle and ball bearings, heavy aluminum castings, and the availability of parts for even the earliest of the Cyclo polishers,and made in the USA) I would bet that the vast majority of Cyclo polishers (Cyclo says there are >150K Cyclo units out there) are fully functional. Add to that the VES system (vibration reduction) being able to be retrofitted to eveb teg early Cyclos, the polisher will remain a perfectly good, usable polisher for many years.

As for its ability to get to tight spaces, it would be as good as any other polisher that uses 4" pads, just turn it sideways.

Also, Mike Philips has done a number of videos with the Cyclo.

Is it an alternative to teh Flex 3401. When it comes to paint correctioni, no, nothing is. Simple as that. The forced rotation of the 3401 makes it king of paint correction. It is more versatile, yes. It is also a random orbit type polisher, which is somewhat safer than the 3401.

I don't own a Cyclo, but have considered it. My PC is fine for now, but when I do decide to move on from the PC, I can get a 3401, and use the PC to do carpets and/or tight spaces with a 3.5" backing plate and pads.

I still think the Cyclo has a place in detailing for those who choose to use it. It hasn't survived for >50 years becase it is ineffective or lacking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    personally, i wouldn't choose a cyclo if it's the only machine you are going to get/have. it's cumbersome (hard to get into tight spots as well) and with a traditional pc-style DA, you can change out backing plate and pads which makes it more versatile...
    I couldn't disagree more . I don't find it cumbersome at all and quite easy to get into tight spots. And with 2 4" pads it's easy to cover alot of ground quickly . Throw included it's covering a 9"wide area. The cyclo is silky smooth and make a great 1 polisher option imo

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to the original poster, a Flex 3401 to handle paint correction is ideal. A DA, whether a Flex, Porter Cable, Rupes, or whatever else you may decide on can handle tight areas or carpet cleaning. The issues with the Flex is the limited backing plates available, and the same with the Rupes (depending on which Rupes). In both cases, the Flex and Rupes backing plates are more expensive because they are proprietary. Porter Cable or Cyclo can use backing plates from numerous suppliers, and have a wide variety of sizes. The pads are common to all, depending on backing plates. The Cyclo does have a specific emphasis on carpet cleaning, but there are brushes available in normal DA sizes from a variety of vendors. The Cyclo does have a unique design, with lower vibration, and has a long term track record, great reliability, and parts availability second to none. It is made in the USA, which may not mean much to people living outside the US, but at least you know it didn't come out of a fly by night outfit in China. Lots of options. Maybe a place to start is to look at some videos online for all of the polishers you are interested in, as well as Mike Philip's polishing DVDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guyb View Post
    You could always do the carpets and seat with a brush by hand until you decide if you want a dedicated unit for the task. Since you state that you are outside of the US you will also have to figure what you can purchase in the correct voltage. The polishers are not variable voltage units.
    By hand is option but if there's machine it's better and quicker

Yes I will buy 220 V
    That what we have here we don't have 110 V

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    Some do come in either 110V or 220 V. The Flex and the cyclo do, I'm not sure about the PC and the Griot's.
    I have to buy 220 V
    We don't have 110 V

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    You are right if I get cyclo I need another device with it

Thank you

There is nothing that prevents you from changing the backing plates on a Cyclo. In fact, there are backing plates made by most companies that are specifically designed for the Cyclo. I would go so far as to say that most of the backing plates for 4" pads are targeted for the Cyclo, as are most 4" pads. My logic is that there is no real reason to have any pad sizes betweeen 5"-5.5" and 3.5", aside from the fact that the pad size on the Cyclo is 4". The Cyclo has been on the market for over 50 years now, and between the build quality (needle and ball bearings, heavy aluminum castings, and the availability of parts for even the earliest of the Cyclo polishers,and made in the USA) I would bet that the vast majority of Cyclo polishers (Cyclo says there are >150K Cyclo units out there) are fully functional. Add to that the VES system (vibration reduction) being able to be retrofitted to eveb teg early Cyclos, the polisher will remain a perfectly good, usable polisher for many years.

As for its ability to get to tight spaces, it would be as good as any other polisher that uses 4" pads, just turn it sideways.

Also, Mike Philips has done a number of videos with the Cyclo.

Is it an alternative to teh Flex 3401. When it comes to paint correctioni, no, nothing is. Simple as that. The forced rotation of the 3401 makes it king of paint correction. It is more versatile, yes. It is also a random orbit type polisher, which is somewhat safer than the 3401.

I don't own a Cyclo, but have considered it. My PC is fine for now, but when I do decide to move on from the PC, I can get a 3401, and use the PC to do carpets and/or tight spaces with a 3.5" backing plate and pads.

I still think the Cyclo has a place in detailing for those who choose to use it. It hasn't survived for >50 years becase it is ineffective or lacking.

Thank you for your great information

That's what I was asking

You said
    --------
    --------

It's great to know that

And flex 4031 I really like it
    I think now I can buy 2 machine only
    FLEX and cyclo
    Or
    FLEX and PC

I will do more searching cyclo Vs PC

Thank you

I couldn't disagree more . I don't find it cumbersome at all and quite easy to get into tight spots. And with 2 4" pads it's easy to cover alot of ground quickly . Throw included it's covering a 9"wide area. The cyclo is silky smooth and make a great 1 polisher option imo
    That's great thing of cyclo
    I'm sure it's good machine

Thank you

Getting back to the original poster, a Flex 3401 to handle paint correction is ideal. A DA, whether a Flex, Porter Cable, Rupes, or whatever else you may decide on can handle tight areas or carpet cleaning. The issues with the Flex is the limited backing plates available, and the same with the Rupes (depending on which Rupes). In both cases, the Flex and Rupes backing plates are more expensive because they are proprietary. Porter Cable or Cyclo can use backing plates from numerous suppliers, and have a wide variety of sizes. The pads are common to all, depending on backing plates. The Cyclo does have a specific emphasis on carpet cleaning, but there are brushes available in normal DA sizes from a variety of vendors. The Cyclo does have a unique design, with lower vibration, and has a long term track record, great reliability, and parts availability second to none. It is made in the USA, which may not mean much to people living outside the US, but at least you know it didn't come out of a fly by night outfit in China. Lots of options. Maybe a place to start is to look at some videos online for all of the polishers you are interested in, as well as Mike Philip's polishing DVDs.
    Thank you for your great information

I will look at some video to decide which one to buy
    PC or cyclo next to flex

Thanks everyone I appreciate your replies

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yasser 222 if your set on getting the flex . Honestly I would just get a pc or groits machine for the small spots . Not say the cyclo isn't great. It is . It's just alot of money for minimal use . Imo the cyclo is an excellent main machine where versatility a d comfort is top of the list .

Post Thanks / Like

Yasser 222 if your set on getting the flex . Honestly I would just get a pc or groits machine for the small spots . Not say the cyclo isn't great. It is . It's just alot of money for minimal use . Imo the cyclo is an excellent main machine where versatility a d comfort is top of the list .
    Thank you buddy for your advise

You are right
    I will be using the machine just a little
    As for Polish 6 car
    Then coating the car
    You know coating will be there at least for 1 year and some 2 years
    So the Polish machine will be off until next year

I will be using only the other machine for carpet cleaning and leather all the year

Because of that I don't want to spend to much

I'm now thinking
    I Buy flex and use it just once a year for each car
    And then use whatever pc or griots for carpet

Or buy cyclo for polish all cars
    Then continue use it for carpet and leather cleaning
    ( even I don't know how often need clean carpet and leather I don't want it to be over kill spacialy the leather its sensitive more that carpet)
    And buy PC or griots for Polish small car

I couldn't decide which way I'm going with
    But I think I like the first idea flex + pc

I need to do more searching for the devices

Thanks

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast