autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The BEAST and the FINISHER! The New Official FLEX Tool Names!

Good for you Dan - happy for you! Please post a review when you have a chance.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, they are the beast & finished. The XFE was returned after a full car & a hood due to a machine defect. The 3401 is truly worthy of the name beast. When it had to finish the hood that the upstart couldn't handle, it loomed over the failed machine & wanted to sling compound all over it. I didn't want to clean up the mess, so I over ruled. But I understood.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post

In my experience, they are the beast & finished.

The XFE was returned after a full car & a hood due to a machine defect.
    At this point in HISTORY I'd have to say this is the exception, not the rule.

On the Detail Fest episode of Competition Ready, we using ONLY the Finisher on about 3 million dollars worth of cars.

Each tool was BRAND NEW out of the box, in fact I created a thread showing the $4000.00+ in tools we used for that episode. Here's that thread...

NEW FLEX XFE 7 Polishers for Competition Ready TV!

Competition Ready Team Members will all get to use the brand new FLEX XFE 7 Free Spinning, 15m Large Stroke Polishers on the high-dollar custom cars that are competing for the "Detailer's Cup" here at Detail Fest.

At $410.00 a piece you're looking at $5,330 in brand new FLEX polishers JUST in this picture!

And those tools are all out in the Show Car Garage. They were used in the May 3-day CR Detailing class and they are about to be used in the upcoming September CR 3-day Detailing Class.

And... they can be seen in action right here,

The 3401 is truly worthy of the name beast.
    I agree. In fact, that's how I autograph my FLEX how-to book and it's also the reason FLEX chose to use that name for the tool.

When it had to finish the hood that the upstart couldn't handle, it loomed over the failed machine & wanted to sling compound all over it. I didn't want to clean up the mess, so I over ruled. But I understood.

I have know idea what this last sentence means? But that's okay.

Post Thanks / Like

The last sentence was in reference to my 3401 having to finish a hood that the rookie failed to finish. Once I finished the hood, I held the 3401 with the still 'dirty' pad attached over the XFE & the 3401 was dissing it, bad. It wanted to emphasize the point by slinging spent polish all over the lifeless machine, rubbing it in. As I stated, I overruled because I didn't want to clean up the mess, but I understood the angst the 3401 beast had over the XFE. It's all good because AG issued me full credit when I returned it. Perhaps I got a defective machine. Replaced it with with a competitor's 15mm Mark 2 HD to use as a backup. Of course, The 3401 has yet to need help on anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike. Will Autogeek be stocking a 230v version of The Finisher?

I really want to get my hands on one here in Australia but there is no forecast of when it will become available.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to know when the XFE7s will be coming in...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

The 3401 is truly worthy of the name beast.
    i can't think of one polisher that some have used for hundreds if not thousands of hours and the thing is like an energizer bunny and just keeps going. one person off hand that i can think of who has put this machine through some substantial abuse is renny doyle and he's worked on aircrafts and everything in between with it for many years. some of us may never polish out as many cars in a lifetime that he does in one year. while the newer/upgraded version is coming out soon, the 3401 still stands on it's own and has been a proven workhorse. it's definitely a beast AND a legend, no doubt about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a clue when the 'new' 3401 XCE is actually gonna be available? Last I saw was Dec 2016 but I guess not...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The BEAST and the Finisher! The New Official FLEX Tool Names!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    ***Update***

Back in January of 2016 we started a contest for our forum members to win a FLEX XFE 7 by coming up with a name for the tool.

Here's that thread,

Name That Tool & Win! New FLEX XFE Needs a Name!

In post #49 forum member Dan Tran submitted the name, "The Finisher" and in keeping with the spirit of the contest Dan has won himself a brand new FLEX FINISHER!

Here's the link... post #49 - with a date stamp of 01-05-2016, 08:26 PM

And here's his post...

Please join me in congratulating Dan and his wining a brand new FLEX FINISHER courtesy of Bob Eichelberg, the President, great friend to Autogeek and sponsor of our TV Show Competition Ready!

so im curios, is the new machine actually a lot better at finishing then the old one, or is it more of just a catchy name thing?

i want to buy a flex, i have a griots 6" already. would i be better off getting the new long throw because the original flex is similar to the one i have?

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, they are the beast & finished. The XFE was returned after a full car & a hood due to a machine defect. The 3401 is truly worthy of the name beast. When it had to finish the hood that the upstart couldn't handle, it loomed over the failed machine & wanted to sling compound all over it. I didn't want to clean up the mess, so I over ruled. But I understood.
    ya that sux but you gotta remember you most likely got a defective one. you shouldnt base your opinion off that because its going to happen to some people no matter what. if they sell 50,000 machines and only 3 or 4% of them were defective that would be considered a very high quality machine even though up to 2000 people would get a defective machine. thats just how it goes with machines. id get another one and then if that chits the bed then id tell everyone they're junk and get my money back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast