autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15

Let me start off this article by saying I'm team Flex all the way and have had great success and durability with multiple Flex products over my past 12years detailing...However, I have used my new XFE15 a total of 5 times since I received it on March 25th, and while buffing a car out this weekend, I had the backing plate and mounting screws completely rip away from the polisher while working. Luckily the car was not damage. I am in touch with Autogeek about potential warranty through Autogeek/Flex but figured I should share incase anyone else has similar issues. It appears to me that mounting points of the backing plate melted/got brittle and the backing plate and pad just ripped away from the polisher head. I don't feel like this is normal wear and tear by any means! I will keep you guys posted.

Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664085-758311-jpg
    Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664104-767727-jpg
    Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664115-955785-jpg
    Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664128-728912-jpg
    Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664140-433639-jpg
    Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15-imageuploadedbyagonline1464664180-972345-jpg
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Major Problems with my New Flex XFE15

Wow thats very strange, thankfully the car wasnt damaged.

You have nothing to worry about autogeek and flex will resolve the issue i am sure of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've run mine a few times now to get a feel for it.

Could you expand more on exactly how it happened? I.e., Compounding, polishing, pad used, product, speeds, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Wow thats very strange, thankfully the car wasnt damaged.

You have nothing to worry about autogeek and flex will resolve the issue i am sure of it.
    Yeah... Nick is working on it currently. I was pretty shocked first that it came apart, and second the amount of damage that occurred. I've put the hurting on my other flex products and they still keep putting out great results after the years of abuse. That's the biggest reason I'm team flex. Great quality and durability.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    I've run mine a few times now to get a feel for it.

Could you expand more on exactly how it happened? I.e., Compounding, polishing, pad used, product, speeds, etc.
    Mike,

When it broke I was using Mckees 37 360 one step with a orange lake country thin pro orange cutting pad. Speeds from 4-5 on the flex. As it was breaking I heard an abnormal change in RPMs but it was so quick I couldn't react.

The day before we used it on a boat speed 5 with Mckees 31 heavy cut oxidation remover and an orange pad.

Love the tool as it is very smooth and offers the ability to cut when needed but also great at finishing.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    Mike,

When it broke I was using Mckees 37 360 one step with a orange lake country thin pro orange cutting pad. Speeds from 4-5 on the flex. As it was breaking I heard an abnormal change in RPMs but it was so quick I couldn't react.

The day before we used it on a boat speed 5 with Mckees 31 heavy cut oxidation remover and an orange pad.

Love the tool as it is very smooth and offers the ability to cut when needed but also great at finishing.
    Thanks for the follow up Eric.

Keep us updated on what you find out about the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Eric, any updates on your situation?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a design fault, long throw stresses on too weak mounting points=fail.

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek has been about as good as it gets so far with this. Unfortunately The Flex XFE7-15 is on back order at Autogeek until mid August... Once Autogeek receives the next shipment, they are going to replace mine with a new one! It's a waiting game, but waiting for a new one is way better than being out one! Big thanks to Nick at Autogeek for all the help!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    Autogeek has been about as good as it gets so far with this. Unfortunately The Flex XFE7-15 is on back order at Autogeek until mid August... Once Autogeek receives the next shipment, they are going to replace mine with a new one! It's a waiting game, but waiting for a new one is way better than being out one! Big thanks to Nick at Autogeek for all the help!
    You think another of the same machine will be any better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast