autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for next buffer?

Hey guys,
    I don't really need a new buffer, but I am looking for something with a larger throw than what I currently have. I have a PC 7424, flex xc3401, and makita rotary. Am I wasting my time looking for a new buffer, or is it worth it for the rupes markII 15 or 21, or new flex xfe? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for next buffer?

Why do you feel you need more throw? How many details do you do a year? That's the question you need to answer. Hey if you want a new buffer by all means buy one but don't come up with a reason. Hey I have 13 guns. Do you think I has a reason to buy all of them. Heck yea. I wanted them!!! Do what makes you HAPPY. Life is too short.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Wow tough question. I have the Flex 3401 and the PC7424XP and I am very happy with that combo. I really have no desire to get a long throw DA or any other type of DA for that matter. But that's me. Now I have heard nothing but great things about the long throw DA's like the Rupes and Boss. I can't say much for the new Flex because it has barely been on the market, however, I assume it would be a great DA.

I think you have all bases covered with the exception of a long throw. If you feel the need then do so!! If you do go with one, please let us know how you like it so us (me) hard to change guys might change and buy one too!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    Why do you feel you need more throw? How many details do you do a year? That's the question you need to answer. Hey if you want a new buffer by all means buy one but don't come up with a reason. Hey I have 13 guns. Do you think I has a reason to buy all of them. Heck yea. I wanted them!!! Do what makes you HAPPY. Life is too short.
    Now you are hitting a subject I have quite a few too.....LOL! I just finished building my 2nd AR...why cause I wanted too! BTW, it came out better than the 1st!....LOL I have 9 and looking at a couple of others.....My only problem is which ones do I keep for the coming Apocalypse?

I think for the same reason why we have so many arms is the same reason why jonnywood23 SHOULD get the Long throw DA. I have been curious for the benefits for a long throw DA too. Of course after my 2 firearms I am looking at 1st....priorities!...LOL

But great to know you are a 2nd Amendment advocate!! Kudos to you waxoff!!
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we all have a lot in common. Haha. I work 50-60 hrs/week in my job, so I only get to do around 10 details a year. I really was interested to know the time savings with a long throw DA when compared to the flex 3401. If it is significant, then I can justify it to say that I can fit in more details when I just simply want a therapeutic session away from my regular job. Thanks for the responses

Post Thanks / Like

I think a long throw takes longer on compounding vs. the 3401. Its moderately faster polishing then the PC, and it is significantly faster compounding then the PC.

It would think a 21mm would produce a better finish with a 1 step then the 3401. just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the co chair of our Friends of the NRA banquet. But that's for a whole other forum but thanks the Kudos Kamakaz1961
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want SMOOTH correction on large, mostly flat panels, a Rupes Mark II 21mm is the best.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    I'm the co chair of our Friends of the NRA banquet. But that's for a whole other forum but thanks the Kudos Kamakaz1961
    So cool! I have been a Member of the NRA for a long time!! I am a CZ, Berretta, AR-15, AK-47, Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 Tactical kind of guy!!....LOL Take care!!
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast