autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coating Product recommendations

Used Gtechniq's CSL and EXO and recently Wolfgang Profi ceramic coating on 2 vehicles, and have used BF ceramic coating with all going on easily ( just make sure you prep correctly, don’t cut corners on the prep) I am getting the itch to try BF Pro Black addition.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

2. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Many of those coatings do look good. I'm particularly interested in the BlackFire and the Woflgang products.

My one reservation with the PBL Pain Coating Mike mentions here comes from my experience with the McKee's 37 paint coating. I really liked the spray bottle application of applying directly to the surface and then working into the paint with the foam LC applicator. However, the bottles used by PBL and McKee's have a ton of product in it for a coating. I applied it to three cars over six months and still had a lot of product left over. Six months after that I used it again and the product was not doing well and I'm guessing it was due to age. I finished the car, but had to toss the remaining product. If the bottles were much smaller, I think if the bottles were smaller, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I hate having to toss something because I couldn't use it fast enough.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see those coatings in an actual glass bottle that you can just pour onto a suede block instead.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

5. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Many of those coatings do look good. I'm particularly interested in the BlackFire and the Woflgang products.

My one reservation with the PBL Pain Coating Mike mentions here comes from my experience with the McKee's 37 paint coating. I really liked the spray bottle application of applying directly to the surface and then working into the paint with the foam LC applicator. However, the bottles used by PBL and McKee's have a ton of product in it for a coating. I applied it to three cars over six months and still had a lot of product left over. Six months after that I used it again and the product was not doing well and I'm guessing it was due to age. I finished the car, but had to toss the remaining product. If the bottles were much smaller, I think if the bottles were smaller, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I hate having to toss something because I couldn't use it fast enough.
    PBL won’t spoil nearly as fast as Mckees. It has a different formula to my knowledge. I’ve been using the wheel and glass coatings from the same bottle for over 2 years and they still seem fine, lol. And I have a used Surface coating from a year ago which seems fine. I’m sure the paint coating has similar formulas based on hearing someone else (RLMccarty) talk similar about shelf life.

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I would love to see those coatings in an actual glass bottle that you can just pour onto a suede block instead.
    I was wonder if these types bottles can be purchased somewhere and then the coating just poured in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    PBL won’t spoil nearly as fast as Mckees. It has a different formula to my knowledge. I’ve been using the wheel and glass coatings from the same bottle for over 2 years and they still seem fine, lol. And I have a used Surface coating from a year ago which seems fine. I’m sure the paint coating has similar formulas based on hearing someone else (RLMccarty) talk similar about shelf life.
    That's good to hear. Of course now this makes the number of possible options for me greater.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I was wonder if these types bottles can be purchased somewhere and then the coating just poured in?
    Yes, you can, they're called Euro dropper Boston round. I bought one and poured my McKee's glass coating into it. I apply it with a suede towel and block instead of spraying. I'm just not a fan of spraying coatings due to overspray that will end up somewhere you don't want.
    Bruno Soares

12. Thanks walt thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Well with the introduction of the newer coatings in the wolfgang and PBL line, they will surely get more attention that the spray versions. Everyone wants the latest and newest thing.

Nick has already phased out the spray version for the wheels and paint for the traditional coating bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    We have already seen newer versions of coatings in the wolfgang and PBL introduced in the typical coating bottles. Blackfire has been in a coating bottle prior to these. Only the DP line has the spray coatings.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a newbie .. Hows BL brand or McKeeys brand? any preferance ?

Post Thanks / Like

The Wolfgang spray coating is as easy to apply as a wax. I spray on a foam applicator and apply it to the paint. Do one section and then go back and wipe it off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast