autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax Review

With the onslaught of detailing spray sealants and spray ceramic coatings carnauba waxes are rarely discussed anymore. Most carnauba waxes are reserved for garage queens, classic cars, or those who want to spend some "quality time' with their car in the garage. I think in an effort to bring back an interest in carnauba waxes, detailing product manufacturers are starting to infuse these waxes with SI02 to increase the protection and add some longevity to this detailing product.

I was fortunate enough to receive a jar of the new Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax. I am a long time carnauba wax user and have probably tired and have just about every carnauba wax on the market. I can still remember purchasing my first jar of Pinnacle Souveran almost 15 years ago when this was one of the first "high end" waxes along with Zymol Vintage. When PBMG release a new paste wax in the Detailer's Pride line that was infused with SIO2 I was excited to try it out.

Product Description:

DP "Not Your Father's" Paste Wax is just that, not your father’s paste wax, it's yours. Made for the next generation of detailers, DP "Not Your Father’s" Paste Wax supplies SiO2 protection which results in a slick, high-gloss shine. DP "Not Your Father's" Paste Wax will last longer than a traditional carnauba wax.

Cost: 8 oz for $39.95

Directions for Application:

1. Make sure applying this product on a cool surface and out of direct sunlight.
    2. If necessary, wash, dry, clay and polish your vehicle before applying this product.
    3. Working one section of the car at a time, apply a thin layer of wax to the surface using a polyfoam applicator.
    4. Allow approximately 1 to 3 minutes for wax to flash and haze before buffing away.
    5. Once 1-3 minutes has passed, buff away with a clean microfiber towel.
    6. Continue to do the same thing around the rest of the car.

*If the wax appears to be 'smeary', it is likely that too much wax was applied. In this case, use a coating a prep spray to remove the wax before applying again.*

Thoughts and Observations:

1. Scent-Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax is white in color and has a nice lemon scent.
    2. Application-I applied Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax with a foam applicator pad and as with most paste waxes a few swipes onto the product surface caused the wax to melt into the applicator. The wax spread very easily and glided on the paint finish.
    3. Removal-The removal of Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax was fairly easy with a short nap micro fiber towel. I waited about 2-3 minutes for the product to haze before removal.
    4. Results-The paint finish had a very hard, crisp, "candy like" look to it. Most carnauba waxes tend to produce nice deep warm gloss to the paint but this was more sharp which I attribute to the infusion of SIO2 in the product. I can almost compare it to the look you would get from the older Zaino Z2 and Z5 paint sealants. Overall the paint finish was slick but definitely not slick like you would get from a paint sealant or "Beadmaker" slick.
    5. Overall this is my first experience with an SIO02 infused carnauba product and I was extremely happy with the result. The value on this product is pretty good for someone who loves spending time with their car but doesn't want to deal with a finicky spray ceramic coating. Application time was almost as fast as a spray ceramic coating without having to constantly check your work from difference angles and light sources to avoid high spots.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks PA DETAILER, Diner, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes dennis b, PaulMys, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax Review

Great review. Any pics of the test subject?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailer's Pride "Not Your Father's Paste Wax" SIO2 Infused Carnauba Wax Review

There’s no carnauba in this product. All observations are much the same as mine. Good review!

5. Thanks Pats300zx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful