autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP “Not Your Father’s” SiO2 Paste Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The beading doesn't look too bad, but how is the water sheeting and self cleaning/ease of cleaning compared to a coating?
    Sheeting isn’t bad. Not as good as a coating but up there with some ceramic sprays. Self-cleaning is pretty good. The car doesn’t get too dirty. Better at these things than sealants but not as efficient as a coating.

2. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The other day I topped the sides of the Acura with a SiO2 spray and rinse product that I had been wanting to try. I forgot to take pictures of NYF paste behavior, unfortunately. It had still been going strong after 2 months considering I’ve put a ton of miles on the car, particularly driving a lot in rain, it dealt with some snow, tons of pollen, and was being washed with a fairly harsh auto wash until I recently started using Hyper Wash. I would compare the recent beading at the 2 month mark to that of a pretty good, recently applied sealant. The ceramic type small beads had gotten bigger and didn’t sheet as well, but there was plenty of protection left I would guess. It now serves as the base for numerous toppers I will be using over the next few months.

Probably the best value for a solid paste wax. I liked it a lot more than M37 Krystal (better behavior and half the price), and it didn’t lag too, too far behind the more expensive offerings.
    IGL’s Ceramic paste wax is comparable in behavior and had better behavior up front, but when IGL starts wearing, it goes down hill fast. NYF has a much more prolonged durability and longevity which lends itself for people who don’t want to wax often.

Overall, a very nice product at a great price that I would recommend to anyone who likes wax and doesn’t want to commit to the full coating process.

4. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can this be applied over a glaze like PB Black hole without affecting its longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn’t say on the pot that it needs a bare prepped surface, so you could try it. With anything ‘ceramic’ I try to put it on a bare surface or on top of other ceramic (waxes, toppers). But DP doesn’t seem too concerned to require that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123