autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP “Not Your Father’s” SiO2 Paste Wax

A few picture updates from a few weeks ago (first two) and then the last few days (last two):

-img_2270-jpg
    -img_2266-jpg

-img_2431-jpg
    -img_2448-jpg

Still going strong. Still looks very nice, haven’t seen any shine diminish.

2. Likes SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to do this review! Nicely done and it seems as if you are still getting nice performance out of it!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You mentioned you also have Mckees Krystal wax, have you compared these two or which one ia better? Mckees claim that it has a cleaning properties that I dont see from NYP.

Thank you.. great job by the way

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I love the looks of a good wax and like you said the old time feel of applying it. I wonder how this would do as a topper over CQ UK 3.0? Great write up by the way!

6. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karwashboy View Post
    You mentioned you also have Mckees Krystal wax, have you compared these two or which one ia better? Mckees claim that it has a cleaning properties that I dont see from NYP.

Thank you.. great job by the way

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk
    Mckees Krystal Wax was included in my ceramic wax test on Autopia that I just scrapped yesterday. It was actually the worst performer in the early stage but ended up slightly better than IGL Ecowax by the 5 week mark. Not Your Fathers has better performance in my opinion.

I had also included Krystal in a previous short term test on a vertical panel in my Autopia thread for another Ceramic Wax. It faired the worst in that too... but these are high quality, high performing, more expensive waxes. So I use the term “worse” lightly. The others were just performing better.

I was not aware Krystal had cleaning abilities. The description discusses”self-cleaning”, is that possibly what you are referring to?

Post Thanks / Like

Review: DP “Not Your Father’s” SiO2 Paste Wax

Update: 5/3/20 (6+ weeks):

NYF SiO2 Paste still going strong on vertical panels. The car looks great. Still shiny and bright.
    The car has gone 2,500+ in these past 6 weeks. Through storm chasing, snow, downpours, and now pollen season. The car has been washed 6 times in this span. So definitely a busy 6+ weeks, as I try to real life torture it.

The below pics are taken while still dirty. The uglier beads on top are most likely from dust/pollen that is collecting on the vertical surfaces.
    -img_2757-jpg
    -img_2758-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! I'm finally going to get a chance to do a whole car (or two!) with this stuff this week. Likely on top of Essence, which I'm also using for the first time. Both vehicles are dark so my main concern is whether or not these products will give me clean and easy wipe-offs. Nothing drives me crazier than when I pull a car out into the sun and see streaks/smears and I can't tell if its faint marring or just residual product. Any tips for using this or Essence? I'll probably be putting the wax on by machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 986DTM View Post
    Thanks for the update! I'm finally going to get a chance to do a whole car (or two!) with this stuff this week. Likely on top of Essence, which I'm also using for the first time. Both vehicles are dark so my main concern is whether or not these products will give me clean and easy wipe-offs. Nothing drives me crazier than when I pull a car out into the sun and see streaks/smears and I can't tell if its faint marring or just residual product. Any tips for using this or Essence? I'll probably be putting the wax on by machine.
    You can either use Essence for some correction (MF or really any polishing pad) or as just a finishing polish/filler after previous correction is done. I use for the latter (with CarPro gloss pads - no cut) due to not getting great results when using aggressively... but others on the forum have had great success using with polishing pads.

Either way, you shouldn’t end up with polishing haze when using Essence as the appropriate last polish step. It wipes off very easily. I use it on two black vehicles and have never seen wipe off issues. Wiping off may be harder if using Essence aggressively. Any minor streaks left from wipe off should go away during LSP application. I recommend waiting 24 hours after Essence to apply your LSP if possible. If you can’t wait, the label says 3 hours I think.

NYF, apply thin like any wax. It wipes off easily. Some other more expensive ceramic waxes wipe off easier but this is still easy. Do a final buff after wipe off. Bring it out in the sun whenever and you should be able to still wipe off missed spots. A benefit of ceramic waxes vs sprays and especially true coatings is that they don’t really leave high spots which won’t buff away. Any haze will easily buff away. Easy-peezy.

11. Thanks 986DTM, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update 5/6/20:

The pictures a few days weren’t so great. Here’s from pics from this morning after a rainy night. Car was washed 5/3 but has been driven 200 miles since.

-img_2786-jpg
    -img_2785-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The beading doesn't look too bad, but how is the water sheeting and self cleaning/ease of cleaning compared to a coating?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast