autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer

This is a review for the new DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer. It's an affordable QD from the newly updated DP line. It includes gloss-enhancers, adds a bit of protection, and can be used as a drying aid.

When you?re on the go or in a rush, DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer will get your car looking like you spent hours detailing it.

Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2006-jpg

Product Description:
    When you’re on the go or in a rush, DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer will get your car looking like you spent hours detailing it. DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer is easy to use, saving you time and money on detailing tools. DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer removes light contaminants and finishes the job with enhanced gloss. Plus, it boosts existing protection! DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer also can be used as a drying aid! Not everyone has the time for a full-on detailing application. Whether it is because you don’t have the time, don’t have the funds, you are inexperienced in detailing, you are on the road or you are in a pinch, DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer will be your solution. It’s the perfect go-to for any skill level and time frame

Initial Observations:
    Smell – Watermelon
    Consistency – Slightly thick, but otherwise like juice or water.
    Color – Blonde, like the color of the label

Application:
    Clean, Dry Surface I used this on the X5 after a N-914 waterless wash. I purposely didn’t do a final wipe of the waterless wash so there would be slight streaks or haze in some areas. Final Gloss Quick Detailer had no problem quickly removing the haze. It’s typical QD consistency that sprays nicely out of a typical black sprayer head. It spreads nicely with a 300gsm microfiber towel. Good lubrication, no real worries about marring when paired with proper wipe off technique. Surface is left with a nice shine and very slick. When used sparingly a final wipe off was not particularly needed. I tried a soaking a few spots then using a single wipe for drying and did come back to find some streaks, as expected.
    Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2016-jpg
    Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2019-jpg

Slightly Dusty Surface – I did a test spot on the Q5 after a day of light travel and accumulated dust. The spray removed the dust easily, it was well lubricated. As mentioned above, I found it necessary to come back with a dry-side wipe to remove a bit of streaking due to heavier application.

Drying Aid – A few days later I used on the X5 after a traditional car wash. One or two spritz per panel, water droplets immediately become hydrophobic and start rolling down the surface. One or two quick wipes with an MF drying towel and the surface was dry and noticeably slicker. Step away and take some pictures and the car looks has a nice outer shell of gloss. I did not notice any special dust attraction afterwards while the car sat outside.
    Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2128-jpg
    Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2036-jpg
    Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer-img_2037-jpg

Final Summary:
    This is a solid QD that checks all the boxes. Easy to work with, good lubrication, removes wash streaks and water spots with no problem, removes light dust, can be applied thin or heavy, nice shine, very slick, smells good. I don’t have anything to add negatively as it doesn't do anything poorly. It does what a QD should. At starting price of $9.99, I would recommend this over most other QDs due to bang for the buck. There are boutique QDs such as Crystal Mist, WG Detail Spritz which may do some aspects a bit better and impart a deeper or glossier shine, but the value on this one should make it attractive for beginners and professionals for regular use. I’m way overstocked with QDs as some of you know, but if I had to start from the beginning, I could see this as my regular go-to for drying aids.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks dennis b, PA DETAILER thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209, DMiglio, PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer

This is not just my favorite DP product, this is my favorite ALL TIME product! I have loved this product for many years and I am SO happy it is back.
    I used it for a drying aid and for a quick touch up on both of my vehicles! Cannot say enough about this quick detailer!

4. Likes acuRAS82, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is some impressive gloss, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You’ve put together some nice reviews lately.Review: DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post