autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

DP Dual Action Tire & Wheeler Cleaner Review

DP Dual Action Tire & Wheel Cleaner

First off, this was sent to me at no charge via winning the online giveaway along with other DP products. So again expect my honest thoughts as I have no money involved in this item.

Personally I usually don’t care for this all in one style product. I prefer a dedicated tire cleaner with the addition of a dedicated wheel cleaner. I feel separately they provide better results. Also I get both from my local detailer supply shop in 5 gallon concentrates that are ultra cheap and have been using both for 20+ years with flawless results.

This has a scent of a basic soap. Nice and not harsh like some typical cleaners in this category.

Consistency is really useful. Thicker than water but not a gel. So it clings well while still being able to run in nooks and crannies.

It doesn’t dry fast. Giving the product dwell time and time to work on entire wheel and tire.

I used this on 2 nasty SUVs’ wheels and tires that were in need of a good deep cleaning. Grime and brake dust O plenty. Good test in my eyes! Sprayed the tires/wheels and within 10 seconds saw black goop running from tires and brake dust being broken down.

Went to town with my normal variety of brushes and rinsed well. What was left behind was NOTHING.

I was really surprised how clean both the tires and wheels came. I didn’t believe at first so I got a white towel to see what was left on tires. Towel turned up clean.....

This stuff worked really well on both tire and wheels. Honestly surprised me. The 16oz bottle had a yield of 8 SUV tires and wheels with a good heavy application.

Would I purchase this item: As stated above I have been using 2 separate cleaners for years that do the job for me. That being said if they offer gallons, I may pick one up for those quick washes so I can get done faster with one effective product.

Would I recommend this product: yes. Especially for mobile detailers who are space sensitive. Also to anyone looking for a one stop shop.

Cons. A little pricy Per use. Hopefully future gallon pricing will help.

Pros: works great, no harsh smell, great work time, 2 effective products in 1 bottle.
    Jim

2. Thanks PA DETAILER thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Dual Action Tire & Wheeler Cleaner Review

Well thank you for the honest review!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Dual Action Tire & Wheeler Cleaner Review

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Personally I usually don’t care for this all in one style product. I prefer a dedicated tire cleaner with the addition of a dedicated wheel cleaner. I feel separately they provide better results. Also I get both from my local detailer supply shop in 5 gallon concentrates that are ultra cheap and have been using both for 20+ years with flawless results.
    If it ain't broke, why fix it

I was really surprised how clean both the tires and wheels came. I didn’t believe at first so I got a white towel to see what was left on tires. Towel turned up clean.....
    Sounds like it did a good job!

Would I recommend this product: yes. Especially for mobile detailers who are space sensitive. Also to anyone looking for a one stop shop.
    hehe....I'm space sensitive!

Thanks for the review! I will give this a try down the line.