autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest 2012 Pictures - Day 1

Oh shoot this picture got me,I didn't know Mike was missing a leg.I always watch his vids but I never noticed it.
    Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by steedafocusgirl View Post
    Mike I now need u to show me how to prevent the swirls from coming back! They're not back yet n I want to prevent them from coming back as bad.

It's really simple and really complicated. Anything and everything that touches the paint needs to be of the highest quality you can obtain.

Besides that, when you wash the car don't scrub the paint as I explain in the chapter in my how-to book on how to gently wash a car.

Paperback

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    A proper wash and dry regime will help greatly. I would definitely look into Opti Coat or similar.
    I've tested 4 "coatings" on black paint for resistance to marring and scratching from the washing process and none of them "stopped" it completely.

Either the coating was getting scratched or the paint under the coating was getting scratched.

The important point being that while a coating will protect really well you still have to wash a car carefully.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Webb View Post

Oh shoot this picture got me, I didn't know Mike was missing a leg. I always watch his vids but I never noticed it.
    I try to walk very perfectly whenever I'm on camera for videos or TV work.

For casual events and our Thursday night classes I wear shorts but in the past any video or TV work and most public appearances I wear pants.

There's the argument to be made that being seen with a chrome, Terminator leg would be a positive "hook" kind of like Dennis Gage has his curly mustache, and that's how people recognize him, but to date I've always worn pants because on the flip side of the coin it can make some people uneasy.

I'm a real "Car Guy" and I lost my leg doing something car guys do and that was getting into Drag Boat Racing at a young age. I could have collected stamps, nothing wrong with that but I'm hooked on raw torque and horsepower like you get from a built big block Chevy engine. One day, an accident happened and my own boat caught my right leg.

The important thing however, no matter what the tragedy, we all have to learn our lessons and move forward with a positive, can-do attitude.

Me racing my Sanger...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678