autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Attn. Rupes Updated Cyclo in the works?

Do you guys plan to update the cyclo?
    More effcient power consumption?
    Bigger motor?
    Forced rotation?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attn. Rupes Updated Cyclo in the works?

To quote myself in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    RUPES is a company that is constantly testing, evaluating, and looking at ways to improve product performance. When the Mark II of the 15 and 21 hit the market you can bet research on the Mark III will already be underway. That being said - there is no imminent release of an updated 75E... doesn't mean there couldn't be one eventually, just means there isn't one planned for the near future.

The MarkII LHR21 and LHR15 hit before the year ends and the Nano makes it debut in Q1 2016... beyond that we haven't made anything else formal.
    Same can be said for the Cyclo. Since the acquisition the RUPES team has been playing with the Cyclo... you can be eventually there will almost certainly be a new version - our engineering team is never satisfied. When that might happen, no set date or timeframe. Everything is under constant evaluation... when the right opportunity presents itself the Cyclo will get a touch of Italian ingenuity added to its classic American craftsmanship.

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Cyclo!! I used it to polish Americas first Air Force One!

Post Thanks / Like

To quote myself in another thread:

Same can be said for the Cyclo. Since the acquisition the RUPES team has been playing with the Cyclo... you can be eventually there will almost certainly be a new version - our engineering team is never satisfied. When that might happen, no set date or timeframe. Everything is under constant evaluation... when the right opportunity presents itself the Cyclo will get a touch of Italian ingenuity added to its classic American craftsmanship.
    It's gotta be lighter somehow,otherwise it's overkill way to heavy to be polishing let's say a 32'ft motor home.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never quite understood the comments about the Cyclos weight... It's within about 1 pound of pretty much every other full sized polisher on the market. I know the perception is that with a cast housing it's heavy, but in reality it's not.

For reference the LHR21ES is 5.73lbs... The Cyclo is 6.5

Post Thanks / Like

I remember making the comment to Buff Daddy that "I wish there were a single head version of the cyclo!!" I remember the excitement level in Kevin's voice rise as he said "I know!!!, I know!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

RUPES~
    This would be a very difficult machine to improve upon. Be careful with your approach and be very thoughtful. "New & Improved" is much overused these days and many times not worth the paper it's printed on.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    RUPES~
    This would be a very difficult machine to improve upon. Be careful with your approach and be very thoughtful. "New & Improved" is much overused these days and many times not worth the paper it's printed on.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never quite understood the comments about the Cyclos weight... It's within about 1 pound of pretty much every other full sized polisher on the market. I know the perception is that with a cast housing it's heavy, but in reality it's not.

For reference the LHR21ES is 5.73lbs... The Cyclo is 6.5
    I don't find it hard to understand at all, the Cyclo is heavier than the Rupes 15, Rupes 21, Flex 3401, Griot DA, Boss 15, Boss 21, Porter Cable DA, and just about all electric DA polishers—I'd say it's not only a perception that it the Cyclo is heavier, it's a fact.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    I don't find it hard to understand at all, the Cyclo is heavier than the Rupes 15, Rupes 21, Flex 3401, Griot DA, Boss 15, Boss 21, Porter Cable DA, and just about all electric DA polishers—I'd say it's not only a perception that it the Cyclo is heavier, it's a fact.
    My point being, and as I said in my earlier post, its within 1 lbs of all those tools. We're not talking about a tool thats 2x the weight of its contemporaries.

Comments lean towards how the Cyclo is TOO heavy or just SOOOO HEAVY when the weight difference isn't really all that great.