autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyclo Dual Head Polisher or the UDM

Do you have any idea how good the cyclo dual head ploisher is i was wanting to purchace one or should i just go ahead and get the UDM a would really appreciate any information you care tooo share large detailng projects ahead

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have an idea how good it is.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it more easy using 1 head polisher than 2 heads, easyer to handel, and you can adjust the speed on the UDM and that cant be done on the Cyclo..

So i would go for the UDM
    (got the PC myself and miss the extra power step the UDM got)
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Cyclo is quite bulky and has no speed adjustibility thus UDM or PC is likely a better choice but Cyclo's smaller pads and two heads are clearly a plus.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with the UDM, if possible upgrade to a rotary when you are ready for one......
    AMG Classic Automotive Detailing 45 year's and still going at it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Cyclo and to be honest your better off going with the UDM, now I don't own a UDM nor am I thinking of purchasing one but if I had to pick I would pick my Metabo lol.

Seriously, I would go with the UDM. I find the Cyclo to have very limited power to do corrections with, I'm not saying it wont correct it will but it's limited and it will take a long time. The UDM "supposedly" has less vibration and good correction ability now that's what I've been reading so don't quote me on that, I'm sure UDM users will chime in and will share there feed back.

Hope this helps....oh and my Cyclo just sits and wait's for me to use it....Metabo Rules BABY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I took delivery of a Cyclo a few weeks back. I've used various RO's in years gone past and find the Cyclo to be vibration free with more than enough power to correct with minimal, if any, risk of doing any damage. I find that it is lightweight and easy to maneuver as well as being very well built. very happy with my purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LexusAussie View Post
    I took delivery of a Cyclo a few weeks back. I've used various RO's in years gone past and find the Cyclo to be vibration free with more than enough power to correct with minimal, if any, risk of doing any damage. I find that it is lightweight and easy to maneuver as well as being very well built. very happy with my purchase.

Cyclo U.S.A commenced operations in 1953 manufacturing their unique twin head orbital action polisher designed specifically for the aircraft and aerospace industries. In a short space of time the Cyclo polisher (together with the various polishes) established itself as the standard aircraft polishing system throughout the world and is now used by virtually every airline and aircraft manufacturer
    In the mid 1970’s the Cyclomachine was discovered by the automotive industry, and was such an instant success in resolving the paint problems of the auto motive industry that it is now the approved machine for all Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Lexus, Hyundai and Nissan dealer outlets in the U.S.A.

A US power tool company, Porter-Cable that was established in 1914, started to manufacture an electrically operated random orbital sander (1990s) now one of the most used tools for professional and enthusiast detailers Velcro backed backing plates and foam pads were introduced for use with both high-speed rotary and random orbital buffers

The UDM a Tooltime Tim's give it more power adaption of the PC (Autopia and Meguiar’s) with more than its share of vibration and QA problems (to be fair I haven't tried the Megs version so the vibration / QA comments may or may not apply)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a PC and a makita - and I've seen the UDM in action first hand. From my experience and from reading tons of posts from users on other Forums - I believe there is a place for all types of machines. IF, price is not a big issue, I would get the Cyclo, it's hard to beat a 54 year proven record and I've never heard any complaints about it, those that have a PC and a Cyclo will tell you there's simply no comparison. That said, I'm going to be getting a Cyclo as soon as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I have a PC and a makita - and I've seen the UDM in action first hand. From my experience and from reading tons of posts from users on other Forums - I believe there is a place for all types of machines. IF, price is not a big issue, I would get the Cyclo, it's hard to beat a 54 year proven record and I've never heard any complaints about it, those that have a PC and a Cyclo will tell you there's simply no comparison. That said, I'm going to be getting a Cyclo as soon as I can.
    Complaints: Slow! No speed control, awkward shape, too bulky..it is kind of gutless IMO. I think Cyclo needs to add more power and bump up the OPM's. It takes ages to do everything with a Cyclo. I really wish I could play with that "top tool", it is a dream come true, 2 heads 1200w motor speed control! only thing is I think it is even bigger than a cyclo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast