autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyclo factory tour

While visiting a friend in Denver Colorado, I had the opportunity to visit the Cyclo factory a few miles north in Longmont.

The factory is situated in a typical, innocuous commercial building. I didn't know what to expect, so I simply walked in and introduced myself as a detailer who owns a Cyclo Pro 5. I asked if I could see how the Cyclo was made and Shelia Lynch, the customer service manager, gave me the "nickel tour" with guidance by the Director of Manufacturing, Steve Hartel.

My first impression was the compactness of the facility. The casings are formed at a local foundry and shipped to the Cyclo factory for assembly. All gears, pads and other components are either made locally in the Denver area or in the Cyclo shop itself. Steve showed me the testing station which all Cyclo's must endure to pass prior to packing and shipping. He also showed me the machine they built to create all pads used by the Cyclo.

The Cyclo brand polishes are also created by a local chemical company. I purchased a bottle of their CTI 1-Pass Express Cleaner Polisher Protectant to see how it works once it gets warm enough.

As I was leaving I met the engineer who had drawings of future products they're developing displayed on the wall above her desk. I asked about making a single-headed polisher and I was told it would produce too much vibration compared to the current dual-headed polisher.

When I was in the market for a polisher I considered the Flex XC3401 but chose the Cyclo for two reasons: 1. Low or no vibration; 2: Made in USA. I wanted to help stimulate the economy the old fashioned way buy buying American first. One day I may get a Flex, but for now, my Cyclo will be my go-to polisher.

In all, it was an excellent experience to see how my favorite polisher was made and to meet the people who have a passion for serving the detailing community for over 60 years. Thanks to Steve and Shelia for taking time out of their day to show me how the Cyclo was built.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cyclo factory tour

Thanks for sharing...
    Good story and testimonial!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Thanks for sharing...
    Good story and testimonial!

Bob
    Thanks, Bob!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I just ordered a Cyclo last week and it should be here shortly. Looking forward to a machine with far less vibration than the standard D/A.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mitchell View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. I just ordered a Cyclo last week and it should be here shortly. Looking forward to a machine with far less vibration than the standard D/A.
    Good choice. Low vibration was a key factor in my decision to choose Cyclo, along with being Made in the USA. The funny thing is when the Cyclo is running, it reminds me of my Mom's old Sunbeam mixer.

Post Thanks / Like

I live just a few miles from Longmont and have always thought of going over there. Now I just may.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Cyclos are awesome. While I'll concede the correction ability isn't as good as others, it's a total top notch, bulletproof machine that I started using in 1988

Post Thanks / Like

The Cyclo will always have a place in my garage.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.