autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking Cyclo back out

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    I recently had the chance to try out a Cyclo, Detailjon let me do a test section with one at his shop. I have to say, even with it's long proven history, I was surprised with how well the machine performed. Going in to the test section I was doubtful that the "freely spinning" heads would keep rotating under pressure and wouldn't just end up "jiggling" against the paint... Nope, the Cyclo is a beast, a smooooth beast. A pleasure to use and I'll definitely buy one sooner or later.

I'm looking forward to the Meg's DA MF Discs...
    It is surprising how hard you have to push to slow down the rotation. I'm not sure if keeping the pads level that you can actually stop the rotation. I think you actually have to angle the pads rather hard to stop the rotation of the pads. Thanks to Dana and K.B. I just realized that working slower (machine speed wise) is better with M-105/205 and I have never actually used my Cyclo with these products. Now that 105/205 is all that I am buying I want to try the Cyclo with them.

When I was a total noob I actually cut right into the primer on a Olds Alero fender with my cyclo using orange pads and 3M rubbing compound from WalMart. As I recall, it didn't take long either.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a package in the mail with 2 orange Cyclo Pads, 2 green Cyclo Pads and a sample bottle of Optimum Poli-Seal!! BigAl3 was nice enough to send me a goody bag, Thanks BigAl3!! Gonna break the Cyclo Back out for sure now. Now i need a darker colored car to polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yo Dave. If you decide to ditch your Flex please give me the 1st shot
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted a polisher for a long time. I guess I hesitated thinking that I might not know enouhg about it. I bought my Cyclo a few months ago. I was hed my Toyota, clayed it, and tried some pin XMT. The results were very good. I finished up with some Granitize and Best In show. Sorry I waited so long. I have 2 other daily drivers and 2 show cars. I cannot wait for spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12