autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

cyclo PROGUARD ORBITAL BACKING PLATE

hello folks

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL YOU CYCLO USERS.
    I HAVE SEEN THESE THREAD PROGUARD ORBITAL BACKING PLATE.
    THROUGH MY RESEARCH ON THESE PLATES I UNDERSTANT THAT YOU USE THESE INSTEAD OF THE RUBBERBOOTS. IAM RIGHT?

2.DID ANYONE OF YOU USE DIFFERENT PADS THAN THE ORIGINAL CYCLO PADS?CAN I USE WOOL PAD ON THESE ?ANY SUGGESTIONS

sorry for my english

Amateur between pros

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cyclo PROGUARD ORBITAL BACKING PLATE

Yes the proguard are to be used instead of the rubber boots. You can use any type of pad as long as its 4 inches.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen these new backing plates but haven't tried them because I replaced the rubber boot ones with Lake Country 3 3/4" backing plates for the PC. I highly suggest that you go with the LC ones. IMO they are of the best quality, however I would suggest sticking with Genuine Cyclo Pads because they last 100 times longer than other 4" pads. You can buy Genuine Cyclo wool pads in a few different levels of cut. They are very nice wool pads, I even use them on my rotary polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I have seen these new backing plates but haven't tried them because I replaced the rubber boot ones with Lake Country 3 3/4" backing plates for the PC. I highly suggest that you go with the LC ones. IMO they are of the best quality, however I would suggest sticking with Genuine Cyclo Pads because they last 100 times longer than other 4" pads. You can buy Genuine Cyclo wool pads in a few different levels of cut. They are very nice wool pads, I even use them on my rotary polisher.
    As i said in my previous posts i am from cyprus and the shipping cost are very high .Can you suggest me what kind of wool pads i shall order because i dont want to waste my money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPIROS ANTONIOU View Post
    As i said in my previous posts i am from cyprus and the shipping cost are very high .Can you suggest me what kind of wool pads i shall order because i dont want to waste my money.
    If you are using a Cyclo and want wool pads, these are the only ones I can recommend.
    Cyclo 4 Inch Wool Pads, hook and loop wool pads, wool cutting pads
    For foam pads these are the only pads as anything else will fall apart rather quickly.
    Cyclo 4 Inch Premium Foam Pads fit on each head of your Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher
    If shipping is an issue and you intend on doing lots of work with your Cyclo I would recommend getting at least ten of each pad. That should last you a year or longer.