autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm done with Autogeek.

I have been ordering products from autogeek for 5 years now.

Last year I ordered a gallon of Maguire's 105. Usually everything I order through autogeek and marine31 takes a day for delivery. On the day I expected my delivery I instead get an email stating that autogeek is out of the gallon Maguire's 105.

So for being inconvenienced they sent out two small 105 bottles for free which was a good gesture, but I was doing a full paint correction on a 45' RV so the two bottles got most of one side done. So instead of waiting for the gallon of 105 to come in through the geek, I looked around and now have a new distributor for this product and won't be ordering it through autogeek anymore.

I have enjoyed the marine31 products and have found them to be high end. I have been using and ordering marine31 products for at least two years now. Just recently I placed an order for marine31 and submitted an address to where the products were to be sent. By the next day I looked for my order, as I mentioned before, orders placed before 10 am usually arrive the next day.

By the end of the next day when there was no package I checked the order status and saw that they were shipped to a previous address, an address that I haven't used for two years. So, instead of shipping my order to the address that was submitted with my order, marine31's warehouse personnel decided to grab a two year old address and ship it there.

I head over to the place where I used to live to see if I can retrieve my order, but no one was home and no package in sight. It's Saturday, and I send an email off to marine31 and explain to them that they sent my order to the wrong address. By Monday there's no response and I know, calling always works but my schedule is very tight which makes it pretty tough during those hours.

Instead, I put my wife on the mission to straighten this mess out. It's now Tuesday morning and still no response from marine31. My business partner sees that there's been a charge on his card so knowing that we have no answers puts a reverse charge on his card, no product, no payment!

In the meantime it appears that the wrong address to where my order was shipped, the people who live there were away. They have someone watching their house and they saw a package and put it in the house along with their mail. Tuesday afternoon we get a call from the people who now live at the address where this order was shipped and we head over to pick our package up.

My wife calls marine31 and confirms that we now have our order. After all this crap chasing down marine31's screw up, I get a call from marine31 stating that they have a reverse payment on the credit card that was used to pay for this product.

Yup, seems only fair that we now have our product that marine31 should get paid. So now my partner has to make calls to the bank again to now allow for payment.

A few days ago I placed an order with autogeek and again, I usually get my order the next day so by the second day I once again look up my order and notice that it hasn't even left the warehouse yet. My order consisted of a case of Stoner's Tarminator and a 4 pound jar of Buff Magic. I send an email asking why hasn't my order left the warehouse yet.

Autogeek's response and I quote, "Thank you for ordering from Auto Geek! One of the items you ordered, 4 lb. Shurhold Buff Magic, has been discontinued and we no longer have any stock remaining. We have removed it from your invoice and will issue a refund as soon as we can. The details are below."

Now if you look you'll see that it's still for sale on autogeek's website. I sent an email to Shurhold asking them if they have discontinued this product. Their response and I quote, "No, that's not true. The product is still very much being manufactured and available. Can you tell us which distributor gave you this information?"

I will now be ordering my products straight from Shurhold and other Stoner products straight from Stoner. Other products I can get through more reliable sources, so needless to say that after doing business with the geek, I'm done.
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm done with Autogeek.

AG fan boys in 3...2...1...

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch... sounds like a series of bad luck.

Ever have one of those customers that no matter what you do, you just can't get it right? I think you are that customer, my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever tried calling or PM'ing Nick? He's responded to all my PMs in a timely fashion.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you u went thru all the frustration, however seems like a series of un fortunate events.

You said you have been dealing with autogeek for 5 years, don't let a few bad experiences make up for 5 years of good services.

Autogeek usually takes care of everything when they make a mistake.

Message nick I'm sure he will help you

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I would be surprised if you didn't receive a friendly email from AG to see if they can make things right. In the end, AG may not be the right company for you, but I'm sure you've already come to that conclusion. Good luck!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    In the end, AG may not be the right company for you, but I'm sure you've already come to that conclusion. Good luck!
    I say...more wax for us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Have you ever tried calling or PM'ing Nick? He's responded to all my PMs in a timely fashion.
    Why should he have to PM Nick or come to the forum to get his order (s) straightened out?

Answer: he shouldn't.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Lol wow

Mike Phillips

I'm sorry to hear of this mishap and your experience. While it's no help to say your experience is the exception not the rule it is truly is the exception and not the norm for how orders are processed.

I've sent the link to this thread to our customer care staff and I can assure you this will be looked into and anything we can do on our side to make things right will be done.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast