autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm done with Autogeek.

Chuck,

I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar shopping experience with us. As I'm sure you know by being a customer of ours for 5 years, what you experienced is the exception and not the rule.

I have enjoyed the marine31 products and have found them to be high end. I have been using and ordering marine31 products for at least two years now. Just recently I placed an order for marine31 and submitted an address to where the products were to be sent. By the next day I looked for my order, as I mentioned before, orders placed before 10 am usually arrive the next day.
    I pulled up this order in our system and it was placed online at 1:21 pm, not before 10 am. There was still a chance that it would ship the same day, however your credit card was declined. We notified you of the issue with your credit card the following day. You called back and added a syringe of Optimum Opti-Lens, and while doing so Derek, our newest employee straightened out the issue you were having with your credit card.

Here's what went wrong:

Whenever a credit card is declined, our system reverts back to an old address, one that has worked in the past. It was our mistake by not fixing this on the spot. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it - we goofed up by not verifying this with you while you were on the phone with us.

However, if there was no issue with the credit card in the first place (a detail you happened to omit from your post), the order would have shipped the same or the following day.

If I were you, I would call your bank and make sure they have the current billing address on file to avoid this mishap in the future.

Autogeek's response and I quote, "Thank you for ordering from Auto Geek! One of the items you ordered, 4 lb. Shurhold Buff Magic, has been discontinued and we no longer have any stock remaining. We have removed it from your invoice and will issue a refund as soon as we can. The details are below."

Now if you look you'll see that it's still for sale on autogeek's website. I sent an email to Shurhold asking them if they have discontinued this product. Their response and I quote, "No, that's not true. The product is still very much being manufactured and available. Can you tell us which distributor gave you this information?"
    All I can do is apologize and hope you will give us a second chance, because this product has not been discontinued. There was obviously a mistake, one that I'm ashamed of because it resulted in the loss of a loyal customer.

I'm excited to serve your car care needs in the future because I know it will be a flawless transaction, so please give us a call next time an order is time sensitive so we can 100% make sure it arrives on time for your detail.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only say good things about the geek put me down as a fan..

Post Thanks / Like

AG has the greatest customer support of any company, detailing or not, that I've ever dealt with. Bob should be proud of them!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Chuck,

I regret hearing about your less-than-stellar shopping experience with us. As I'm sure you know by being a customer of ours for 5 years, what you experienced is the exception and not the rule.

I pulled up this order in our system and it was placed online at 1:21 pm, not before 10 am. There was still a chance that it would ship the same day, however your credit card was declined. We notified you of the issue with your credit card the following day. You called back and added a syringe of Optimum Opti-Lens, and while doing so Derek, our newest employee straightened out the issue you were having with your credit card.

Here's what went wrong:

Whenever a credit card is declined, our system reverts back to an old address, one that has worked in the past. It was our mistake by not fixing this on the spot. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it - we goofed up by not verifying this with you while you were on the phone with us.

However, if there was no issue with the credit card in the first place (a detail you happened to omit from your post), the order would have shipped the same or the following day.

If I were you, I would call your bank and make sure they have the current billing address on file to avoid this mishap in the future.

All I can do is apologize and hope you will give us a second chance, because this product has not been discontinued. There was obviously a mistake, one that I'm ashamed of because it resulted in the loss of a loyal customer.

I'm excited to serve your car care needs in the future because I know it will be a flawless transaction, so please give us a call next time an order is time sensitive so we can 100% make sure it arrives on time for your detail.
    Normally I would question whether or not this was a good idea, from a CS stand point, but when a customer puts everything out there, why shouldn't you be able to respond in kind?

I don't shop at AG as much as I could because they don't carry the 'system' I started buying into and enjoy using, however, I've taken part in some crazy good sales. UPS shipping times from Florida to Houston have something to do with it.

I struggle with whether or not PBMG is still considered a small business but it's an American business who employs every day Americans, and I like what i see from customer service, even on issues like this. It takes a lot to leave this thread open and address the concerns head on like Nick has. You have to take the good with the bad. This is why when my local store, my company of choice, can't provide what I'm looking for, I turn to AG instead of Amazon or elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a very important point that was omitted was the fact his credit card was declined: that is not AG's fault. As a result, this posed another issue regarding the shipping address. While AG should have verified the shipping address, I would not call out AG on this matter.

However, items that are no longer in stock, yet are allowed to be ordered, that's an issue that needs to be looked into more closely. It's happened to me as well as a co-worker who I turned on to AG.

With all said, AG has always been VERY good to me and Nick is an OUTSTANDING guy from knowledge about detailing to customer service.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    However, items that are no longer in stock, yet are allowed to be ordered, that's an issue that needs to be looked into more closely. It's happened to me as well as a co-worker who I turned on to AG.
    I can see why it might not listed out of stock though. You're running low on D156, so the inventory system reports "need to restock" you place your restock order, but still have inventory on hand, continue to ship and maybe sell ALL of your inventory. You know you have inbound inventory that SHOULD be here in 1-2 days so you hold the rest of the order because on a back ordered item the seller is going to EAT the shipping on that item, and it might be cheaper to ship the one larger at once than that order+ the back ordered item later.

Honestly, Amazon and others have spoiled me. Ship it as fast as you can, and if it's not on hand, I dont want to be able to order it. It's entirely possible that the inventory system in the warehouse is not directly connected to the online store and can't update the storefront's status.

Post Thanks / Like

First thing AG did was send out those 2 FREE bottles of M105, not knowing about the size of the project. Trying to "tie someone over" is great service, not charging them is GREAT service.

Chalked up under $h!t happens.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like two sides to every story is apropos here. Stuff does happen and it sounds like AG stepped up to the plate. In my experience I have had nothing but good service from AG.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    First thing AG did was send out those 2 FREE bottles of M105, not knowing about the size of the project. Trying to "tie someone over" is great service, not charging them is GREAT service.

Chalked up under !t happens.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Chuck ("Scrubs"),

I noticed that you're in the state of Florida. If you plan on attending Detail Fest next weekend (18th - 20th), admission is on me. I'll also give you and whoever you bring a tour of our facility while you're here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast