autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Rules Update

Common problem in forums, is OP's morphs into a different topic.

Mods in many forums intervene, so as to keep the discussion from, becoming something entirely different. This is lacking at AGO

Posts should be on topic!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused.

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be deleted.

Repeated linking and recommendations of products not available through Autogeek.com may result in a permanent ban. Moderators have the right to edit any posts that contain links, recommendations or other information pertaining to competing companies that are not associated with Autogeek.com.
    Bold type by Rico

Mike your last post seems, much different than rule #1.

One thread about 'Headliners' a poster refuses to speak the name of a successful cleaner for fear, of being in violation.

And the same thread has a cautionary warning to the another member.

Plus several mentions of a brush, not sold by PBMG.

It seems AGO's admins & mods, may have a difference of opinion, which leds to confusion.

I think for a very big reason, regarding rule 1, "ban" should be not used. I just don't think you have a bigger, sales driver, than the forum. Disgruntled members or afraid to speak, for fear of banishment. Detracts from your #1 tool driving sales. And is definitely NOT in tune with the story you told.

Do the new rules mean you guys will respond to, posts "flagged/reported" to mods.? Seems this may have been a weak area previously.

Other forums mods are quick, to extinguish FLAMES. Users generally pick up, very quickly regarding "Flames" & the short tolerance by mgt.. This short leash, tends to keep Flames, at a minimum, without threats of banishment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
    Great post Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Don View Post
    Thanks @conquistador.
    I disagree. This is not an "open" forum, this forum is sponsored and paid for by AG to discuss AG products and it's clearly outlined when you join.

And to say we the users generate almost all of the content does Mike Phillips a great disservice along with other AG employees who post here.

Mike has and continues to be a wealth of knowledge to this forum.

On a side note, they do listen to their members, they listened to us and picked up the HD line this past year.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Summary
    This is a great discussion so far and I can assure you that everyone's input is being read and evaluated.

I will also say there's no reason to bring politics or religion into this thread.

Amen to negating the religion and politics comment.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Summary
    This is a great discussion so far and I can assure you that everyone's input is being read and evaluated.

I will also say there's no reason to bring politics or religion into this thread.

Agree and very, very well said Forum Rules Update

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Summary

^^^True^^^

Additionally:
    it wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least
    little bit if the following was also negated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Don View Post
    It seems to me more and more that the management here is getting a little to old for the internet and how it is used with some of the things have been happening here.
    #agomanagementontheinternetisnottoold

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started the forum management wanted ALL the talk to be about Meguiar's products only.

I objected.

I said if there are products out there that are better than Meguiar's we shouldn't stop people from coming to MOL to talk about them, we should find out if they are in fact better and then bring this to the attention of R & D and if true improve the current Meguiar's product and if needed introduce a new product to fill the needs of the market place.

I won.
    Why interject this into the conversation, seems different than rule #1. Or perhaps a difference in thinking among-st "admin(s)." Personally I see Mike's way of thinking as advancing the organization.

These are Mike's words, perhaps he's at odds with, or trying to show another way, via publicly speaking, to others in AGO????????? Or Win again

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post

Why interject this into the conversation
    My point is I've worked on and have experience with both styles of running a forum. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

You agreed to those rules when you joined and now are complaining cause they are going to enforce them???? HA HA HA! A big difference between a dictator and AG is that YOU have a choice to agree and stay or disagree and not let the door hit you on the way out!!! They didn't CHANGE anything all they are doing is saying you must follow what you agreed to. You don't deserve to have everything your way like a 2 year old baby. Let your voice be heard by leaving!!! That's your only option. It's hilarious that this is even a discussion! Ha ha ha
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that!

But from post #1 stating that rule, then you as an "admin", telling the story (you Won), introduces ambiguity.

The way I read rule #1, I better check to see if, it's sold HERE, before I post my solution.

Example: (correct me if I'm wrong), I felt free to mention "HDX Citrus De-Greaser" sold at Home Depot, as AGO's store also sells a Citrus De-Greaser.

Or is this wrong as the Brands may be different?

Now! Should I tout a product not sold here, I then could be banned.

I'll play by the rules, but your story did not seem to fit (as admin) with the announced policy changes. Fit as in awkward or not,in tune with the spirit of rule #1.

You were correct, in your position with Meg. & they came to see your, insight. IMO! And I applaud this thinking, innovative vs protectionism. Trumped (not Donald).

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast