autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Rules Update

Agreed. I'm all for not harassing other members and keep things civil but I'm here to shop and learn and sometimes AG needs to be told what we want you to carry.

For example. I wish you carried the carpro gloss pad. I purchased the essence from you and wanted the pads everyone's been using with good results. Please carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    I just hope these Rules don't make their way over to Autopia

I have always enjoyed the openness of Autopia and the freedom to disagree

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35x View Post
    Agreed. I'm all for not harassing other members and keep things civil but I'm here to shop and learn and sometimes AG needs to be told what we want you to carry.

For example. I wish you carried the carpro gloss pad. I purchased the essence from you and wanted the pads everyone's been using with good results. Please carry them.
    We picked up the Gloss Pads on our last CarPro order, they should be in within a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    We picked up the Gloss Pads on our last CarPro order, they should be in within a couple weeks.
    Outstanding!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Finally! And hopefully 5" Flash pads too

Post Thanks / Like

We can go round and round about what SHOULD be. I guess we will just have to sit back and see what WILL be. I for one am taking them seriously cause I like participating here. Go ahead and post a huge picture of some old car wax you just found at a new shop or tell everyone here that you bought the GG6 at AAP and its cheaper. It was nice knowing you. lol
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that this is a gigantic mistake on Autogeeks part. When one tries to supress the sharing of information in an online forum, the end result of that is always the same. That forum will become extinct because users that want to have free discussions WILL leave and migrate to somewhere where they can have that. Then, that forum will become known for suppression, especially for something as silly as the discussion of products that are sold elsewhere. There will always be another free forum to join and also Reddit has a great Auto Detailing sub-Reddit to enjoy as well. Nothing screams insecurity and fear of transparancy like having a rule like that. Let alone enforcing it. One thing to keep in mind when dealing with an online community that generates 95% of their own content is that they are the creators of what everyone logs into each and every day to read that new post or comment to that thread being followed. That's right, we the "users" are the ones that generate almost ALL of the content that is read on this forum. Not Autogeek. Even if you had all of their employees working around the clock, they could not produce enough content to keep the traffic count up for this site to be worth coming back to. But tell me more how suppressing discussion is going to be healthy to that community? To be quite honest, if there are products out there that can go toe to toe with what is offered here then it would be a smart business decision to add those products to the current product line rather than enforce no discussion about it. You know who else does that kind of censorship? Religious cults, republicans and third world dictators. Not what I would call good company to keep. It seems to me more and more that the management here is getting a little to old for the internet and how it is used with some of the things have been happening here. I don't post much here, but when I start seeing a users freedom to simply discuss something like a different product in jeapordy, that means that MY freedom to discuss something is going to be next. And that just doesn't seem to kosher with me. Any professional worth their salt should have the confidence in what they are doing or what they are offering to allow ANY discussion about it. That is what having the courage of your convictions is all about and is a hallmark of reputable business. The ironic part is that while we "users" are being silenced from discussing other products, PBMG has more shadow brands and companies that totally act like they are different companies or even competition than you can shake a stick at. Now who are the ones really being deceitful?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Don

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @conquistador.

Post Thanks / Like

I agreed to AGO's forum rules
    when I first became a member.

As such:
    I don't see the problem; I have been
    fully aware of what is, and what is not
    allowed, from day one. Really.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Dapper Don,

As mentioned in previous posts..that's why AG has Autopia. AG helps noobies with DIY upgraded products that are not found at the big W.
    You can go to other detailing forums, but for the most updated information you won't find any more informative posting than with Autopia/Autogeek.
    With the exception of Detailing World (UK) no other detailing forum get more views than AG. AG just dominates the online detailing world and if you don't agree with their rules you know what you can do..not being belligerent.
    AG is not new to marketing and did not get this big by making bad marketing decisions.
    Sorry if I agreed with you, we both be wrong.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast