autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Rules Update

Well I'm no angel on the forum but I feel I've helped out quite a few members as well as given away things from my collection as well as some "mixed up" products I've come up with but I'm sorry about the various threads about "other" tire coatings, whether its a head to head competition or when said product is found dirt cheap. It seems there's a long leash on some threads/products and maybe that's because certain products are no real threat to AGO.

I'm really sorry about these threads but when something is so good and inexpensive I'm just trying to help out my fellow enthusists, that's all.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Forum Rules Update

I've always disliked the Harbor Freight polisher and Turtle Wax threads. Get rid of 'em. Something about it just seems kind of in poor taste... Basically, they are telling you how to use the buying power of big retailers to circumvent purchases on items AGO specializes in.

I think you just have to use some common sense. AGO doesn't sell water or hands - but I don't think they will ban you for showing either being used in the detailing process.

The rules are obviously at the discretion of the moderators. Nobody is getting banned for showing buckets from Lowes in their pics - even though AG DOES sell buckets.

And if you want to talk about those items, just come over and join Autopia. Nobody cares what products you talk about there.

Post Thanks / Like

just an attempt at humor, as I am one who never enjoys change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

So, everyone take a deep breath - nothing is changing.
    Unfortunately Nick, that was not the message the Admin originally posted. The exact quote was "Thats about to change." The post has sense been edited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    Your house, your rules.
    This is by far the best auto detail related forum.
    AutoGeek store and forums do a fantastic job.

Keep this in mind.
    It is the fact that the rules have been relaxed on the specific subject of product discussion, and suggestions to products, at times not offered by AutoGeek that has directly contributed to the growth of this forum, and the growing sales at AutoGeek.
    This is what has brought both professional credibility, and "street cred" to this forum community.

I certainly agree that any overt and pushy discussion of non-AutoGeek products, and posting weblinks to competing vendors or competing forums, is an obvious breaking of not only the written rules, but the spirit of the rules.
    At the same time, it is impossible to not have mention of various lines of products and tools that many patrons here grew up with.
    Whether it be a passing reference, or a direct comparison, AutoGeek is still a new school place, in an old school profession, full of old school auto detailers.

So, I support the idea of enforcing the spirit of the rules, and the letter of the rules when things get out of hand, as there is a time and place for that.
    I would encourage the professional staff here at AutoGeek forums to use discretion and common sense when choosing to be heavy handed with the rules.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with your post Swan, to a point but I'm not saying to use large retailers to get a product so cheap but rather a mfg that sells a product that works better and is readily available to most.

IMO when a company that sells on AG sees how much attention a certain inexpensive product is getting it could/should get them to improve their product. Sure it's hard to compete with a large number of retailers that cars said product but sometimes a long time let makes a great product that can't be denied. That said, it's not I'm going to go out and buy their waxes and other products, AG offers the best products out there for everything else and I go nowhere else for the other 99% of my needs....NOWHERE!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the popular thread, "Incredibly Cheap Finds" be allowed to exist? This seems to go against the "spirit" of the rules.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The rules are nothing new or should I say nothing out of the ordinary. Just the title "update" seems to have caused alittle bit of confusion or a stir by implying a change in rules. It should have been titled "reminder" that way so as not to sound an alarm or create panic.

Whats important to note is we are on a global platform with many different nationalities,races,ages,genders,religions and so forth so the "human factor" should be at the forefront when dealing or interacting with each other. AutoGeek is no longer a forum where you interact with others within your State or across States, its way bigger now, try across Countries and Continents...

Theres no dicktatorship or ruling with an iron first as far as I can see.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes and at the forefront of AutoGeek, the forum, products, its employees and members all bring something to the table which keeps the wheels turning.

Here's to an amazing 2016 guys!

Post Thanks / Like

We said Zubair👈

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricorocks View Post
    Will the popular thread, "Incredibly Cheap Finds" be allowed to exist? This seems to go against the "spirit" of the rules.
    I hope so, I come to the forum daily and always look for that thread.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast