autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Rules Update

Just my assumption...

If this gets too strictly enforced, it will hurt the forum. Anyone who uses a product outside of AG's will likely post less, therefore sharing less expereince and knowledge. Less knowledge means less people interested in the site.

Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the forum rules are fair and I believe were posted as a friendly reminder to everyone. These rules have always been in place for the most part. If you follow the simple rules I really don't see anyone having any issues.

If you want to openly discuss product that are not sold by PBMG feel free to head over to Autopia Auto Detailing Forum

Its a very open forum for those that want to discuss just about anything detailing related.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I would hope such things as overhead lights, storage systems and home made equipment are an exception?

Post Thanks / Like

If one was to get sent to band camp, will they still take ones orders ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post

I think the forum rules are fair and I believe were posted as a friendly reminder to everyone. These rules have always been in place for the most part.

If you follow the simple rules I really don't see anyone having any issues.

Well said.

Check out the AutoGeek Page on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post

This is a great idea to enforce these House Rules.

As we all know the forum is a great place to search and read how to info and read great write ups. There is a cost to maintain a forum and pay employees who are always courteous to customers.

I want this forum to remain active.
    If the past is an indicator of the future then the future is looking bright.

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post

I was active in another forum that went down due to the owners neglect and really miss that forum still.
    AGO is a great resource for in-depth how-to information. Facebook is great for a sentence or two and anyone with a camera in their phone can share a picture. But for a real information rich how-to article you rarely can find that on Facebook and if you do it's never going to be as easy to read or easy to learn from just do to the tiny box interface.

Moving into 2016 we plan on being very proactive on this forum but part of that is having boundaries or rules for forum members to abide by.

Our forum rules are liquid, that means they can and will change when circumstances are warranted and that works for everyone's best interest.

Check out the AutoGeek Page on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I think the forum rules are fair and I believe were posted as a friendly reminder to everyone. These rules have always been in place for the most part. If you follow the simple rules I really don't see anyone having any issues.

If you want to openly discuss product that are not sold by PBMG feel free to head over to Autopia Auto Detailing Forum

Its a very open forum for those that want to discuss just about anything detailing related.
    Pat shared it best above .. and I would simply like to add to it as one of the original moderators since the start of this very forum ...

As a moderator, we don't want to remove or ban anyone. We would love nothing more to be part of the discussion and watch the forum grow. We have to use our best judgment as to what should be and should not be posted. The owners of the forum have stood behind us knowing we are human and always keeping the business and forum in our consideration. We have and may make a mistake but its never about you or harming you personally. We want you to be happy and enjoy using the forum.

There are however rules to everything, including the stores and businesses we each support. The Autogeek forum was always designed and implemented to help those that use Autogeek and its products. It was fact finding, support, and users sharing best practices and their approaches to the products within Autogeek. The rules also help provide the moderators with a template as to the forum design and function.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever been removed or post moved when speaking about a brand Autogeek should consider. Linking to outside products, spam, reselling and shilling have no place here however.

In closing, moderating is not as easy as one might think. That said, it keeps us in the loop for everything going on in the industry. And best part, most of the forum members help us by alerting to issues that appear to go against the forum design. I personally thank you for your help and hope this post simply goes as a reminder to all.

Scott

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have searched IPA at the AGO store. This has the potential to, make folks a violator, without trying. Does AGO sell water? Talk about something they don't sell, can be a violation.

If AGO is going to start enforcing rules, previously not enforced. This suggests, they may be seeing an uptick in complaints (we don't know about) or, we have a new sheriff in town, who now gets to vocalize his opinion.

Seems to me perusing the forum, I don't really see dis-respectful or naughty comments.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clear up some confusion....

We're OKAY with you guys discussing IPA, overhead lighting systems, etc.

When we say "products we don't sell" we're referring to car care products, like Adams, etc.

The rules are not changing, they're simply being enforced more than they have in the past.

AGO is funded and supported by Autogeek.com, which is why we prefer discussion is kept to car care products that are found on our site. Make sense?

So, everyone take a deep breath - nothing is changing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    So, everyone take a deep breath - nothing is changing.
    Sounds good to me! Thanks, Nick.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast