autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Shipping Rates to Canada

I recently placed a fairly large order - around $750 worth of products. I went forward with the order based on the flat rate shipping costs shown on the website to Canada.

I was a little surprised when the shipping costs were then double for my order. I questioned what the point of flat rate shipping was if you can't honour it. To which I was responded, Canadian customers don't order large orders and so normally the rates posted are accurate. To which I replied, most orders over $500 are likely going to be large so why bother, you are falsely advertising your rates. To which I was responded, we can cancel your order and you can order from someone in Canada if you aren't happy.

Well, I wasn't but was in a position of wanting to get this order as a start up order. It will be my last order with AG unfortunately, pricing and options are great and the flat rate shipping quotes are reasonable, even the normal priced ones (they are special discounted rates posted right now). I'll give my business to another company who provides what they state they do.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I've ordered stuff from Europe the shipping goes by weight. So, a lot of liquids = a lot of shipping $. Now you probably can ship cheaper, but who knows what condition the stuff will arrive in.

Maybe just order from Canada. Or move to the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping Rates to Canada

Move to the USA - Classic. Or how about AG honours their rates? Or, get rid of them all together and just do a shipping quote per weight on every order, at least then it would be honest and not misleading.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to look at your exact order (feel free to PM me your order number), but if we contacted you regarding the shipping it's because you either had large or over sized items in the order.

We do have a chart on our website for Canada shipping rates, and it clearly states right above the chart: "These rates DO NOT APPLY to Special Order Items like BLT Mats, WeatherTech, ParkSmart Mats and Highland. * Heavy liquids or over sized packages may require additional shipping charges. We will contact you for approval before shipment if additional shipping charges apply. These items include, but are not limited to: buffers, complete wash systems, and vacuums."

We also make a note that: Prices do not include duties, taxes, or brokerage fee. Consult your local customs authorities to determine if any imports tariffs apply.

The majority of our customers in Canada have larger orders shipped to a UPS store in the US, usually one that's close to the border. This way additional shipping fees can be avoided.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the frustration, but we do our best to provide you with the lowest shipping rates possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I am aware of the disclaimer. You are missing the fundamental point. Don't offer something you can't deliver. Most orders over $500 are going to be heavy and so you'll charge more. I would challenge that if a review was done on orders to Canada over $500 very few, if any at all, would be at the flat rate shipping.

Based on my order size I actually feel my over all shipping cost was pretty reasonable, but the fact is you offered a discounted shipping rate falsely. Even charge the normal non-discounted rate. But falsely advertising a flat rate you know you won't be able to hit isn't right.

Even the lowest tier is insane, $22.99 for under $15 - so if I order 1 bottle of CG Soap at $10 you are going to charge $23 for shipping? Just do it by weight for every order that would be maybe $3 to ship.

So, Canadian customers buy more products as the more you purchase the less insane your flat rate shipping becomes, until they place their order and you double the price.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njarmstrong81 View Post
    I am aware of the disclaimer. You are missing the fundamental point. Don't offer something you can't deliver. Most orders over $500 are going to be heavy and so you'll charge more. I would challenge that if a review was done on orders to Canada over $500 very few, if any at all, would be at the flat rate shipping.

Based on my order size I actually feel my over all shipping cost was pretty reasonable, but the fact is you offered a discounted shipping rate falsely. Even charge the normal non-discounted rate. But falsely advertising a flat rate you know you won't be able to hit isn't right.

Even the lowest tier is insane, $22.99 for under $15 - so if I order 1 bottle of CG Soap at $10 you are going to charge $23 for shipping? Just do it by weight for every order that would be maybe $3 to ship.

So, Canadian customers buy more products as the more you purchase the less insane your flat rate shipping becomes, until they place their order and you double the price.
    I was able to pull up your order and I see that you did speak to our international shipping department, and that the order has been taken care of already. I'm glad to see you took advantage of the 20% discount for joining the forum!

Since you were already taken care of, and your order is in the process of being packed and shipped, I'm going to close this thread. Any other concerns can be addressed with a phone call to either myself or our shipping department. 1-800-869-3011