autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why pro detailers don't do business with AG..

Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    It's been forever since I posted on this forum and there's a reason why. There's a reason why many pros don't post here. There's a reason why many pros don't purchase from AG anymore like they used to. The question is why?? Because Max likes to lose thousands each year? No way you must not know Max.. Then why??

AG already knows the answer, but sustains enough business through sweet marketing, capturing new customers along with some old faithfuls, which are very few these days, so they don't need to care. This hurts the bottom line no matter how you look at it. The downward spiral started with the loss of their best customer service rep Dwayne. Now it's all about hurrying to get you off the phone because there's no time to talk, rush rush rush. I respect AG's success in this tough industry but think there's room for improvement...

My most recent experience, I email the manager Jason Sierra Monday, no response, I call Tuesday and leave a voicemail, no response, I call customer service Wednesday, they email Jason asking him to call me, no response. Anyone else notice a trend? I've purchased over 10k in detailing supplies just in the past week and AG hasn't received any of that money.. Why? Poor communication... From a manager no less. I'm sure this will get deleted and I'm sure by now the true followers of AG will say o I've had hundreds of great experiences, what are you talking about? Look at my number of post, does it look like I'm new to the forums? Why would I post something like this? To hurt AG? Naw that won't happen, but possibly to open their eyes a little to a lost market they are losing out on big time.. You guys are the Walmart of detailing supplies, but poor customer service loses you money. I wish you the best, and Mike P, you're still the man, and my views are not reflected at you in the least bit..
    Hi John,
    My apologies, I did recieve your voice mail and email. I know we have been working on a quote since Sema last year and we did get that taken care off. As for the current email my apologies I did not realize this was time sensitive. Since we have not correspondent since the middle of last month I wanted to refresh my mind to see what we where working on. I will have a quote for you on the items you sent shortly.

Best regards,
    Jason
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek overall has been a pleasure to deal with over the years. As with any business there is room for improvements. I usually only make an order when there is a 20% sale or Bogo. It would be nice to take a product and put my logo on it and more then double the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    So, let me get this right. The OP is complaining about AG customer service and is going to buy his products elsewhere so he can resell them at a profit to dealers etc.

Sounds like biting the hand that feeds you to me....

First I'm a Detailer, doing this day in and day out, second i resell, let's not mess that order up. I don't make the money needed to support even my race car through chemical sells let alone stupor the family.. I have to crunch numbers everyday to make sure I'm doing the very best to save where I can. I simple emailed Jason about what we spoke about at sema along with trying to get pricing for a decent amount of items, no response. From a manager that's unacceptable when you're in a customer service based business. If I didn't respond to customer for a week would I be in business? Also my rant about rush rush rush was noted the last couple times I've called in.. When you go from Dwayne to anyone else except possibly Megan it's just not on the same level. As far as biting the hand that feeds me, I'm not the only one with these views so I'm looking at what I'm doing as a favor to AG to recapture a lost bit of business. When every dollar counts you wanna be the one getting that dollar.
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygee View Post
    This is an interesting thread. I'm a one car newbie who loves detailing my car. I'm also an indy sales rep carrying different lines. Here's my thought. I'm surprised AG doesn't have a Pro Detailer program. AG should also have one or two people dedicated to the Pros. The companies I deal with do this. When I call with a problem they know me and my accounts. AG obviously has a wide array of buyers. From guys like me who spend $500 a year to the pros who are running a business. My point is the reason I buy here is because the I've learned so much from the experts on this forum. So I don't see the downside to catering to the pros in this business.

You'd have a lot more pros offering advice on this forum if changes were made..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    I call bullshit!
    Pics of $10K worth of invoices (personal info blacked out of course) or it didn't happen!

I'm also curious why someone who spends $10K in one week on detailing supplies would have a Dodge neon as an avatar. Just sayin.

I do this as a business not a weekend warrior but I will take pics for you just to make you jealous...
    Jealous? Not so much.. However nice collection you got there.

Almost correct, pro detailers can buy from other vendors spending a certain amount each year, I'm not upset with AG because of a deeper discount, I simple asked what can you do price wise on all these items. So I can compare apples to apples from other suppliers.. If they looked at how many professional detailers where out there and how many purchase from them right this second they'd see what I'm referring 2.
    I do buy stuff from AG, but i agree about a wholesale discount.

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I would have to say this is true in almost 100% of cases. Although I have had nothing but good transactions/interactions with AG I find myself placing orders less and less as my business gets more specialized and bulk product oriented.

I have posted in many threads that a pro discount/membership program would go a LONG way in earning more of my business, and I'm sure it would for others as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    same here, all transactions were good but a discount/membership program would be awesome!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my phone right now and the avatar pic looks kinda small but it could be a Neon SRT4 and its VERY easy to dump a ton of money into it and embarrass many cars out there, so that doesn't matter one bit!

Sure $10k in one pop is a lot but maybe he just wanted to be stocked up for the year, what's wrong with that?

Subscribed BTW.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hi John,

My apologies, I did recieve your voice mail and email. I know we have been working on a quote since Sema last year and we did get that taken care off. As for the current email my apologies I did not realize this was time sensitive. Since we have not correspondent since the middle of last month I wanted to refresh my mind to see what we where working on. I will have a quote for you on the items you sent shortly.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason, thanks for the response and as I stated in another post it's about communication.. If you need a month to put pricing together just let me know with an email or call.. If I'm in a rush to get something faster id let you know . And know that I know your atleast aware I sent you the email I'm fine with you taking as long as you need to complete the request.. Just get back with me if you need time..that's it

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to speak to Jason because at sema he gave me his card and asked me to call him direct about an issue I asked him about. And patience, did you not read my first post? I emailed/called him since Monday, it was Thursday and still no response....
    I fully read and completely understood your OP and have waited myself for a return email or phone call once or twice. That being said, it never crossed my mind to post a thread bashing the entire company merely just because one or two of its staff didn't pick up their red phone when I picked up mine! Like I said before, a little patience goes a long way. If your running low on product and your customer are hounding you for delivery, why did you wait so long to re-stock? What will you do if / when your customers find AG for themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    So, let me get this right. The OP is complaining about AG customer service and is going to buy his products elsewhere so he can resell them at a profit to dealers etc.

Sounds like biting the hand that feeds you to me....
    This is an interesting thread. I'm a one car newbie who loves detailing my car. I'm also an indy sales rep carrying different lines. Here's my thought. I'm surprised AG doesn't have a Pro Detailer program. AG should also have one or two people dedicated to the Pros. The companies I deal with do this. When I call with a problem they know me and my accounts. AG obviously has a wide array of buyers. From guys like me who spend $500 a year to the pros who are running a business. My point is the reason I buy here is because the I've learned so much from the experts on this forum. So I don't see the downside to catering to the pros in this business.
    This makes sense! I agree that AG should consider having a dedicated commercial sales deptartment with a few staff to handle the big dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

But how do you define pro?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast