autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Snow Soap: I think I found a new car soap/clay replacement.

I had purchased a sample of CarPro Iron-X Snow Soap, and I have to admit I am truly amazed.

Originally, I bought it along with Iron-X to get rid of what I think is rail dust on my front hood. I had diluted the Snow Soap using 1oz to every gallon of water. While it didn't get rid of what I think to be rail dust, it did manage to get rid of other debris and dirt on my paint that I was NOT able to CLAY off! I found it hard to believe!

More impressive was how it easily cleaned off the grime and bug splatter on my front grille and bumper with the use of a bug sponge. For the rest of the car, I used a smaller MF sponge that is half the size of a grout sponge. Using the smaller sponge allowed me to concentrate on the areas I was washing and able to get underneath door handles, into emblems and the like.

It is important to note that this soap must be used in the shade and doing small sections at a time is a must in order to get good cleaning results. My car's paint on my 2013 Sentra is still in great condition and not that dirty, however there were some mysterious marks on the car that this soap took out that claying did not!

I followed up with Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer due to time constraints. The paint is as smooth as glass! Speaking of glass, it cleaned up my windows very well!

When I think of car soap, I want a soap that actually CLEANS just a bit more than Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax soap or Gold Class. These are great soaps, but mostly for cars that are slightly dirty; they really do not work "hard" to clean the areas that are really dirty.

I'd post pics, but I think you all get the idea. If you haven't tried Snow Soap, put it on your next order, or go with the CarPro sampler kit. You'd be glad you did! -Ed
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! CarPro's products are awesome! I have yet to find a product of theirs that doesn't do what they say it does.
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Snow Soap: I think I found a new car soap/clay replacement.

its even better in a foam cannon!!!

can someone say FOAM PAAARTY!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gddDDhSQMhM]ROSARITO FOAM PARTY 2008 MEXICO SPRING BREAK - YouTube[/video]
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like
    Might have to try it. Been using Mr Pink but its just not tough enough to cut through stuff.

Milk protein is the toughest thing I need a good soap for. Otherwisebthe guys will just have to keep using caustic soda on the stainless tankers.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I use this stuff quite often.

Post Thanks / Like

I have on my wishlist for next order. So if you use it in a foam master, do you rinse the car first then foam the whole car, let it sit a couple minutes, then rinse off? I plan to use when I strip my paint this fall for winter sealant. Just curious the best way to use.

I was actually thinking this:

wash with CG Citrus Wash
    foam with Snow Soap
    Clay
    etc....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
    I had purchased a sample of CarPro Iron-X Snow Soap, and I have to admit I am truly amazed.

Originally, I bought it along with Iron-X to get rid of what I think is rail dust on my front hood. I had diluted the Snow Soap using 1oz to every gallon of water. While it didn't get rid of what I think to be rail dust, it did manage to get rid of other debris and dirt on my paint that I was NOT able to CLAY off! I found it hard to believe!

More impressive was how it easily cleaned off the grime and bug splatter on my front grille and bumper with the use of a bug sponge. For the rest of the car, I used a smaller MF sponge that is half the size of a grout sponge. Using the smaller sponge allowed me to concentrate on the areas I was washing and able to get underneath door handles, into emblems and the like.

It is important to note that this soap must be used in the shade and doing small sections at a time is a must in order to get good cleaning results. My car's paint on my 2013 Sentra is still in great condition and not that dirty, however there were some mysterious marks on the car that this soap took out that claying did not!

I followed up with Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer due to time constraints. The paint is as smooth as glass! Speaking of glass, it cleaned up my windows very well!

When I think of car soap, I want a soap that actually CLEANS just a bit more than Meguiar's Ultimate wash and wax soap or Gold Class. These are great soaps, but mostly for cars that are slightly dirty; they really do not work "hard" to clean the areas that are really dirty.

I'd post pics, but I think you all get the idea. If you haven't tried Snow Soap, put it on your next order, or go with the CarPro sampler kit. You'd be glad you did! -Ed
    thats exactly the whole idea about this soap!, no wax , no gloss enhancers, no polymers, only good washing cleaner.
    thank you for the feedback.