autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Timely product arrival!

One thing AutoGeek needs to start considering is that all their customers don't live on the East Coast!

I ordered something for a "Father's Day gift during the Father's Day sale to now find it shipped out Monday for an 18th delivery date ..... AFTER FATHER'S DAY! How NIce is that?

Guess if they were just looking for an excuse for a sale, fine. If they were actually suggesting that AG was a great place to buy DAD, Grandpa, or Father in law a gift for father's day, then the least they could do, during a FATHER'S DAY Sale is make sure IT'S THERE BY FATHER'S DAY!

I'm a big fan of AG but I feel they really dropped the ball on this! Next time I will call in my order instead of placing it on the Internet and cancel it unless they guarantee on time delivery.
    Sure I could have paid extra ( if i would have known it would not make it) but AG could run a sale in a timely manner to get products to their customers for the date that they are having a sale for. Very disappointed!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timely product arrival!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    One thing AutoGeek needs to start considering is that all their customers don't live on the East Coast!

I ordered something for a "Father's Day gift during the Father's Day sale to now find it shipped out Monday for an 18th delivery date ..... AFTER FATHER'S DAY! How NIce is that?

Guess if they were just looking for an excuse for a sale, fine. If they were actually suggesting that AG was a great place to buy DAD, Grandpa, or Father in law a gift for father's day, then the least they could do, during a FATHER'S DAY Sale is make sure IT'S THERE BY FATHER'S DAY!

I'm a big fan of AG but I feel they really dropped the ball on this! Next time I will call in my order instead of placing it on the Internet and cancel it unless they guarantee on time delivery.
    Sure I could have paid extra ( if i would have known it would not make it) but AG could run a sale in a timely manner to get products to their customers for the date that they are having a sale for. Very disappointed!

Not to be a negative nacy, but ...

That is also something we as consumers need to take into account when ordering, where is the product coming from. There is more than one shipping option, and yes we all want "free" or "cheap" shipping. AG has no idea of the intent of your purchase when you order, reqardless of what holiday it might be.

I don't know when you ordered the product, but I do know there is shipping options on the website when ordering, something to look at and confirm if you are ok with the slow boat, or need an upgraded shipping method.

I am willing to bet had you called it in, even late that someone in customer service would have worked with you to get you the product in the timley manner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GMC View Post
    Not to be a negative nacy, but ...

That is also something we as consumers need to take into account when ordering, where is the product coming from. There is more than one shipping option, and yes we all want "free" or "cheap" shipping. AG has no idea of the intent of your purchase when you order, reqardless of what holiday it might be.

I don't know when you ordered the product, but I do know there is shipping options on the website when ordering, something to look at and confirm if you are ok with the slow boat, or need an upgraded shipping method.

I am willing to bet had you called it in, even late that someone in customer service would have worked with you to get you the product in the timley manner.
    Clearly we wait for a sale to get the best deal. Clearly AG has sales around events to make sales. Why would a person order an item on sale only to add expensive sipping to make it the same price as it always is?

What good is a sale if you end up paying the same price or a higher price to get the products?

Sure, I could pay for the higher priced shipping, I could also buy from a closer supplier, I like and support AG they have earned my business.

My point is they need to have a "sale" that a lot of people buy gifts for, Father's day, christmas, things like that, at a time if someone orders on that sale they can get the item in time for the event! If this sale would have been simply ran the week before instead of the weekend before Father's day there would have been no issue!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

When did you place the order?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Clearly we wait for a sale to get the best deal. Clearly AG has sales around events to make sales. Why would a person order an item on sale only to add expensive sipping to make it the same price as it always is?

What good is a sale if you end up paying the same price or a higher price to get the products?
    Understood, as do we all. AG has no idea of your intent, gift, personal use, etc. Knowing when you ordred, and when you needed it, you should be able to make a proper judgement call.

If it's too much for the added cost, then it's a decision to source locally, or via a different route.

I have to think when you placed the order, you would have been able to see the order date, and the delivery method, which should allow you to somewhat determine the delivery time frame. If it wasn't to par, and you needed a quarantee, I would have picked up the phone and asked, "What can brown do for me today"

Post Thanks / Like

When did you order?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the sale being a week in advance is more than fair on Autogeek's part. As consumers, we have to do some calculating on our own.
    "Tell Me What I Can't Do, and I'll Show You What I Can Do." ~Eugene

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ agreed

Post Thanks / Like

I often order from another site specifically because of the time it takes to receive shipments from AG as well as better shipping promotions (lower minimums).

Post Thanks / Like

So I looked up the "exact" time the order was placed. 11:24 AM Friday June 8th. Shortly after the sale was announced.(or at least after I got the email)

The order just before this was shipped to me and delivered in a total of 5 working days including the day of order. Using the same time line this should have been delivered in time.

I think where the problem lies is, the the sales are usually on
    Friday through Sun thus are not picked up until Monday night making them not really on their way to the customer until Tuesday.

If the order was say placed on Thursday the product would be picked up Thursday and on its way Friday. clearly my order was not packed and loaded on the truck until the weekend putting it behind. If it would have been packed on Friday then no problem! There is no way for the customer or AG to know how many orders are going to be placed and how long it will take to get any particular order packed and loaded on the truck.

If AG would start Sales on Wednesday then we (west coast peeps) would get orders by the end of the next week ( like my last order). If I'm not diligent enough to order in a timely manner for a sale then that's my fault but if I dont have the opportunity to do so then they should consider adjustments!

Or shipping costs are prohibitive to the west coast so I look for shipping deals and sales to offset. Without the sales and shipping deals I would not be an AG customer (I'd hate that because they are an awesome company, great customer service and prefer to shop here).

Simple adjustment to their business plan can make a huge difference to West Coast and other distant customers!

Newport, Oregon USA!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast