autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping/Packaging Compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Friends

Peanuts or not, you have to give Autogeek's shipping department and their procedures a lot of credit. I wouldn't expect fine china to be shipped any more carefully than the products I receive from Autogeek.

Today from Autogeek I received the Metro Master Blaster, some Ultima Waterless Wash concentrate, a WeatherTech license plate frame, and two Einzett 1Z (Kwazar) pressurized spray bottles. The bottles were shipped in a separate box and protected with heavy folded shipping paper, just like fine china.

I love free shipping, but even if we have to spring for this fee occasionally, it's nice to know that the packaging is going to be unequivocally first class.

Yes their shipping department is very good and thorough although I ordered microfiber towels and 6pack special of the cobra 6" buffing pads. Really no reason to pack with peanuts for that order - - hardly fine china . now maybe you can understand a bit more of the frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Styrofoam peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    When you place your order, write in the comments box "No peanuts please." Then they pack it with Chinchillas. Or paper.
    I do this when I remember to. Unfortunately at my age, that isnt often. I would prefer almost anything else. I would love a pull down but who the hell in their right mind would choose the damn things!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree the packing is great especially when I add no peanuts in the comment box!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too hate the peanuts because they make a mess. I also had a little concern about throwing them away. I'm not a green fanatic but I do try to recycle. I found out that some of the companies like UPS or FedX will recycle them. Now, just the trouble of bagging them and taking to a drop point. The boxes and paper is easier because we have curbside pickup for recycling them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    When you place your order, write in the comments box "No peanuts please." Then they pack it with Chinchillas. Or paper.

I did a search and found a response that Megan made back on 6/4/2009 #10 that say's the same thing. If you comment that you do not want styrofoam peanuts they will use another material.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...eghan-max.html

I ordered some liquids and I'm hoping they use the peanuts for insulation purpose. UPS should deliver it next week and it going to be realllllly cold up north.
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree with this thread any more! I hate the packing peanuts!!! lol

I typically throw any boxes I'm not going to use in the woodstove, along with any packing paper. Can't really do that with packing peanuts. So, I end up holding on to the box till I can throw it in a dumpster, or emptying the peanuts into my trash can...which they fill up, then I have to empty it, ha.

Hate the peanuts...could live without the peanuts, seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

You can lick the peanuts and stick them together, lets get creative people.http://www.straightdopedad.com/wp-co...lptures_06.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

So happy I saw this thread! I really hate those darn things. lol I started saving them but after a few trash bags full in the basement and nothing to use them on, I started putting them in the trash. I'm happy we can request no peanuts. Or maybe pack them in real peanuts! haha

Post Thanks / Like

I love the peanuts. I have a big box full of them I use for when I ship stuff so I dont have to go out and buy some.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome I didn't even know we could ask for shipping without peanuts. I already have several bags of them I am saving up to re-gift during holiday shipping.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast